Chapter 1: Pearson Specter Law Firm

"Alexandra Georgia Chance."

Oh how she hated hearing her name. What parent named their child Alexandra Georgia. Who? Alex, (how she preferred to be called) stepped forward.

"Here." She said raising her hand in front of the judge.

"You are hereby sentenced to work with Pearson Specter Law firm in the custody of Jessica Pearson. Do you agree to behave accordingly and use your skills for the firm?"

"Yes mam I do." She said with a smile.

The case was closed and Jessica waited patiently outside the court room.

"How did it go." Jessica asked.

"I'm in." Alex said with a smile.

"You would think it would be easier for a 20 year old to get into a law firm." Alex said as they hopped into a cab.

"I know right. I'm just happy your father agreed. It was really his letter of appeal that got you this job."

Alex was the daughter of the New York governor. Her whole life she had been treated differently because of that one fact. She had been living on her own since she turned 16. He mother had died. Well she was murdered. But the case was closed, and the murderer was never caught. Her dad was too busy governing that he just couldn't take care of her. So he gave her money to go to school and live in her own New York City apartment.

Alex's mom was great friends with Jessica Pearson. Alex actually wanted to go to law school, but she was still way too young. However, Alex had this special gift. She had an incredible eye for detail. It was almost like the show Psych. She knew whenever people were lying and she could tell you things about others just by being observant. Jessica picked up on this and well she wanted her talent. The court wouldn't allow Alex to be a Lawyer. And the firm only hired people from Harvard. However, they could hire a consultant. This was the whole reason for the court case today. Sometimes the law system hurt Alex's head.

"So when do I start."

"Today." Jessica said with a smirk.

"Oh joy." Alex replied.

They pulled up to the building. It was amazing. It seemed to go up forever and the glass walls looked like crystals in the sun.

"Are you done gawking. Come on." Jessica ordered.

They entered the building and made their way to Jessica's office. Jessica had a suit picked out for Alex and then handed her a folder. "I want you to work with the best. And my best is Harvey Specter and his assistant Mike Ross."

"Ok." Alex said scanning the folder.

"And one more thing. Off work I am your friend, but here I am your boss. You will address me as miss Pearson and I will not take it easy on you." She said sternly.

Alex gulped. "You got it boss." She said as she quickly left the room.

This was her dream. She wanted to be a lawyer so badly. If she could just get older faster, but being a consultant would just have to work. The building was huge and it took 30 minutes just to find a bathroom. Alex quickly changed. The suit was way too dressy and way too tight. Alex felt like she couldn't breathe. She was going to have to by her own suits and clothes.

Alex made her way to what she hoped was Harvey's office. A lady with strawberry blonde hair sat at a desk outside the office.

"Hi, my name is.."

"No." The lady said not taking her eyes of her work.

"Um, Miss Pearson sent me." Alex finished.

The lady looked up at her.

"Name?"

"Alex Chance."

"I thought you would be a dude." She said with a smile.

"Yeah, my full name is Alexandra, but I can't stand it so I go by Alex." She said with a smile.

"I'm Donna." She said with a smile. "If those boys give you a hard time just come to me. I'll put them in their place." She finished with a wink.

Alex laughed. "Sounds great."

Alex cautiously entered the office. One man was sitting at the desk. He was older and had two moles on his face. He was dressed nicer than the other one and had a commanding presence. That had to be Harvey. The other man was standing in the corner. He was thing and had a younger face. His suit wasn't as nice but it suited him just fine. That one had to be Mike.

"Hi." Alex said with a wave.

"Who are you and why are you here?" Harvey said coldly.

"Uhh..."

"Leave." He shouted.

Alex just stared at him. "Um no." She replied. "Listen Mr. Spector, my name is Alex Chance I am here to be your consultant. If you don't want my help you can take that up with Miss Pearson." She finished while crossing her arms.

Harvey stood up and just stared at her. Mike's mouth dropped to the floor. Uh oh, what did she do? Alex was always saying stuff she wasn't supposed to.

"We were waiting for a man." Harvey said coldly. "What am I supposed to do with you?"

Sexist! She thought. Oh this was it. She crossed her arms. "I am on amazing observer. I can tell thing about people that their own mother wouldn't know. I know your lying before you do. Any human on this earth would want me on their side." She said sternly.

Harvey looked at her. "Try me." He said full of pride.

Alex stared at him. The room smelled of fresh coffee. He must've just had it. In Donna's trash can there was a cup from a street vender. She would've gotten Harvey some as well. Alex sniffed the air. One sugar and two creams.

"You got Donna to get you coffee from a vender down the street one sugar two creams." She said.

His eyes widened.

"And don't ask me what you had for breakfast because you didn't eat breakfast this morning." She said.

"Woah." Mike said as he clapped.

She smiled.

"Impressive." Harvey said. "When Jessica told me about you I have to admit I was a bit worried, but we'll see what you can do." He said as he sat in his chair.

"Mike here will give you a tour."

"Wha..."

Harvey interrupted before Mike could protest. "Having a woman along might be good, you could help us get some deals." He said as they left.

Sexist. She thought again. How on earth was she going to work them.

=&�UDk��