Chapter 3 || Bébé

Have you ever felt like you were dying? From exhaustion?

I have been sitting in the same position for six hours, staring at six pages of french. My pencil practically flying over the paper in barely legible scribble.

"Madam Quinn, I understand that you must speak with Monsieur Kingst - but he is not taking calls right now," I explained politely, repeating myself for the hundredth time but that only set her off into another tangent.

"Anne-" she started, using an impolite term, first name basis. "I have to confirm the dates and times for his arrival next week. Today. If you cannot simply connect the call to Mr.Kingst, I will have to send someone over."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the yellow light pop up.

"Excuse me, I will have to put you on hold for a moment," I said quietly, sincerely. With a single push of a button, followed by a moment of blissful silence. I pressed the phone back to my ear and pressed three more.

"Ms. Calla." He started, sounding firm and a little annoyed.

"Monsieur, Madam Quinn is on the line, wanting a confirmation on the dates and times for arrival next week," I breathed, trying my best to not yawn. "She says she needs them by today or she will send someone to confirm with you."

"By today?" He was quiet for a moment, I could hear a slight ruffling on the other side of the line before he resumed, "write this down."

I mentally sighed, I guess my aching hand would not be getting a break today.

I wrote down the itinerary for his trip.

"There is no set day for when I return from the trip." He told me, I nodded to myself, ready for an explanation but got none. I heard the click which meant he ended the call. The yawn forced itself out as I blinked tiredly.

I returned to my call with Madam Quinn. "Oh finally! Now you decide to return my call."

"I am going to fax the dates and times for Monsieur Kingst's visit." I told her, rather abruptly, feeling my eyelids drop.

"Oh, um okay," she mumbled, sounding a bit shocked. "Thank you."

"No problem, Madam Quinn, anytime," I smiled lightly, tiredly.

She hung up and I leaned back against my chair. Before I heard the buzzing noise.

'Ms. Calla, you are working past your designated time to leave.' -Kingst

I rubbed my eyes before looking over at the clock that was built into the desk. 11:47pm.

Tiredness left me, once I remembered one thing. My bébé.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I ran home, well to my apartment within three minutes.

'What if he went hungry? Or he merde himself?' I kept thinking.

"Bébé?" I called out once I got the stupid door unlocked. And there he was, laying on his back on the ground. Looking up at me.

"What are you doing silly?" Closing the door and leaning against it, I laughed, dropping my bags and kneeling onto the ground. He rolled around a bit, obviously having trouble getting up. After struggling, he bounded over, his black ears flopping during the process.

I picked him up and walked to the kitchen, "You hungry?" I took his nibbling as a yes. I placed him on the ground, giggling as he started nibbling my ankle. "Cairo!" I grinned, nudging him away as I poured his food into his bowl.

Obviously, choosing his priorities quickly, he ran over to his food bowl.

"Sorry for coming in late boy, I had work." I shook my head as I heard him chewing. "You wouldn't believe this woman, now don't get me wrong, she wasn't mean. It was just that she wouldn't stop talking! I had to tell her the same thing a thousand times..."

A/N || All words in French will be italicized!

+Sorry for the short chapter!

Please Vote + Comment!