11. Skating

"Come on, Em." I coax.

I was able to get Emily to the arena and we got on skates but once she understood what was going on, that's when Emily became a little more cautious. Emily is standing behind the boards of one of the benches while I'm leaning on the boards in front of her on the ice.

Emily smiles and presses her lips to mine quickly.

"Nein, ich werde fallen." She tells me and grabs my hands.

"I won't let you fall." I promise and kiss her cheek. "Please, babe?"

"Tommy,--"

"Emily." I cut her off and start skating over to the bench door, dragging Emily along with me.

"Tommy, I don't know--"

"I do." I laugh. "Come on, what's the worst that could happen?"

"I could invade Poland." She tells me with a straight face and I laugh.

"Come on, I believe in you." I promise and Emily smiles.

Emily holds on to the boards as she unconfidently steps out onto the ice in pure white figure skates. As soon as the blade of her first skate touches the ice, it starts to slide and Emily starts to lose her balance. Worry washes over her face and Emily tightens her grip on the boards.

"Ja, I can not." She awkwardly laughs.

"Yes, you can." I assure her.

Emily is able to find balance on her first foot and then places her second. She inches herself over and leans against the boards, still holding onto them tightly. Emily looks up at me with her glasses still covering her eyes and she smiles.

"I'm skating, ta-da." Emily tries and I laugh.

"Not exactly, here." I say and skate closer to her.

I place Emily's hands on my shoulders and she looks at me with big confused eyes, she tightens her grip on my shoulders a little bit and I smile. I put my hands on Emily's hips and start to glide backwards. Emily's eyes get even bigger and she looks down at our feet.

"See?" I ask. "Nothing bad is happening."

I'm really not that great of a skater so I'm hoping that nothing bad happens here. I'm really not sure what made me think this was a good idea but we've made it this far so that has to be a good sign. Now if we can manage to do this without running into anyone, we'll be doing great.

"Ja, I see." Emily agrees while watching our feet.

"Emily?" I ask.

"Ja?" She asks and looks up.

She looks up and those big beautiful eyes lock on mine, I have to smile. I love her eyes, they seem to glow whenever light touches them, they're a completely different shade of brown that mine are. Emily's eyes are a bright, glowing, amber brown and they match perfectly with Emily's bright personality. I love the ways her eyes light up when she smiles and laughs, it makes me want to make her smile and laugh all the time.

I don't want Emily to leave, I really don't. I want her to be here waiting for me when I come home from touring. I want to wake up to her singing in the shower. I want to be find random drawing in notebooks all over our house. I want to make meals with Emily and I want to stay up late talking to her. I want to marry her and I want to have kids with her. I think I love her.