SITUATIONS

"Hi!!!", They heard Tia's voice while having breakfast.

"How are you my child?", Rani rushed to her.

"Am fine aunty", Tia embraced Rani.

Rishi and Aashi stood up at their respective places.

"Oh please don't be this formal guys. Have your breakfast. I'll join you soon", Tia rushed to the room with her luggage.

After a day long drama at Dhawans they had returned back to Aashi's house. Majority of their time passed in silence without much activity except the daily chores. Minimum updates from Diwans and rising pressure from the police department had made things ugly especially for the couple. Rishi chose to be quiet and Aashi imitated him.

Rani spent half of her time with the bracelet that was now seen by her daughter. Holding it, playing with it she reminisced the difficult years of her life with her eyes wet. Every truth was out. Every lock had a key. Every moment disclosed. But something remained deep in the chaos.

"What makes you this serious?", Viren asked Rani.

"What if Aashi wishes to meet her father?", Rani asked him.

"Let her meet. That is her right", Viren told her.

"How can you be this calm?", Rani asked in tension.

"Haste will spoil everything Rani. We always need to deal with such things calmly.", Viren pacified her.

Rani had no words. Instead she looked at her husband helplessly.

"This time around you need to be stronger. You don't have to manage yourself, it's about 3 lives now", Viren said seriously.

"Now what is that?", Rani asked raising her eyebrows.

"Aashi, Rishi and Ryan", was his firm reply.

"You noticed it or not, I don't know. But they are somewhere at the same juncture where we stood years ago. There's a choice they have to make. Someone will win, someone will lose. But that's how life is I suppose."

"You are scaring me Viren", Rani said hesitantly.

"What do you think? Everything will be the same once Ryan is back? Especially after his brutal truth is out? Don't you think Aashi and Ryan  loved each other?", Viren's questions echoed in Rani's ears for a long tym.

"But that is senseless. She is married to Rishi dammit.", Rani lost her cool.

"Answer me once.... Did you forget Jai Rathore?", Viren asked her only to be replied by her silence.