A/E #2 (part two)

So I lied, there will be a THIRD alternative ending. Enjoy.

Tyler-

Blink blink.

The lights are really bright and my legs are numb. The last thing I can clearly remember is my hand being burnt, after that I could only remember blurred memories.

I looked around the room once my eyes adjusted to the light, I'm in a hospital: that much was clear to see. I'm hooked up to a lot of wires and a heart monitor, it looks normal, my heart beat.

I saw a clipboard on the chair beside me, my name in bold letter at the top. I grabbed it out of curiosity and flipped the page.

Name: Tyler R. Joseph
Age: 28
Date of arrival: December 1st, 2016
Status: Tyler was found by a local hunter at the scene of a car crash, him and Joshua W. Dun were rushed to the E.R after being trapped for 24+ hours. Tyler was suffering from hyperthermia and soon after went into cardiac arrest. He was put on life support after being thrown into a comatose.

I sat the files down, I didn't want to read anymore. What day was it? How long have I been in here?

I started looking for an emergency button to push, I thought about pushin the big red button but decided against it once I saw the necklace around my neck with "emergancy call" on a small, little button.

I pushed it and soon a soft voice spoke threw it.

"Hello? What his status, Doctor?" She asked, clearly full of worry.

I cleared my throat but to no help, it was so dry I could barely swallow. "I-I need help." I mumbled.

Seconds later two nurses came in with a doctor. The blonde nurse was smiling widely and hugging the other brunet nurse. I smiled at them but was still very confused as to how I got here.

"You've been out for a long time, Mr.Joseph. Can you tell me what you remember?" The doctor asked. He waved a small flashlight in my eyes making me look at it, it hurt to stare.

"Me and Josh were stuck, that's it. It was my birthday. Is Josh okay?" I asked, eager to know that my best friend was safe. He promise me that he'd get us out of there, but did he get out of there?

"You're friend is fine, you took the worse of it I'm afraid. The cuts on your side caused a lot of blood loss but the cold made it stop just in time. Unfortunately, your body was exposed to extreme drop in heat. Today is January 15, 2017."

January of 2017.

-

"Your family is outside, Tyler, do you want them to come in?" The nurse asked, setting the cup of ice water on my trey. I nodded, I was ready to see them again.

The first person to come in had yellow hair and I'd notice him anywhere. It was like a really cheesy chic-flick where they hug all frantically.

Because we did, I hugged Josh harder than I've ever had before and once I heard him crying softly I started crying as well. He was whispering something but even though he said it in my ear I couldn't hear him. I asked him to repeat it.

"I told you I'd get us out of there, you just had to hold on. I did, though, I saved you and me." Josh sniffed, wiping the tears from his eyes before hugging me once more.

"Thank you, Josh, I don't know what I'd do without you. I'd be dead." I smiled. He sobbed once more, he was happy- a little traumatized, but happy.

A soft knock came from the door, I looked up to see the face and my heart started beating 20x faster that second. The blonde, beautiful girl I have thr privilege to call my wife stood there. Her hands clasped over her mouth to hold in her cries, and her hair up in the messy bun I'll love till the end of my days. She inched closer, finally falling over to hug me and it felt like heaven. I feel like I've been away from her for months, and I have. I couldn't stop smiling, even if I wanted to my face wouldn't allow it.

"What's do you remember, Tyler?" She asked, finally calmed down enough to speak.

"I remember putting the fire out, then I woke up here." I spoke y voice sounding better now that I've had some water. My words still slurred because I haven't spoke in a while, and Josh frowned behind Jenna.

"You're lucky, I remember all 28 hours of it. Well, apart from when you woke me up after the crash." Josh stated, letting his hands fall to his side.

"I'm sorry, man." I sent him an apologetic look.

"Do you remember what I told you a few minutes before we got out? When you almost went into shock?" Josh asked, Jenna seemed to have beamed up at the question an looked back at me with a bright and hopeful smile.

I shook my head, expecting another frown from the both of them but they just smile even wider. Jenna's smile almost seemed photoshopped.

"Tyler, here. Me and Josh made this for you two weeks ago, we agreed to give it too you when you woke up." Jenna handed me a boy envelope with the words in Josh's hand writing saying "To: Tyler Joseph"

I smiled and opened it, tearing the sealed paper open to show a card in the shape of a bottle. "This is a- very weird Get Well card, guys." I laughed nervously, looking at Josh and Jenna who snickered and looked at each other. 

I scanned the cover of it, the word in decorative writing saying:

"Somedays I might be bad,
Or even a little sad."
And I turned to the next page. My breath hitches and my eyes watered at the picture of a 3 month ultrasound picture.
"But then I cheer up at the thought of you being a dad!"

And that was it,

I had it all in the moment.

I had Jenna, I had my best friend, and I was a soon-to be dad.

I held the card closely to my chest, breathing deeply in and lettin it out slowly.

This was might have been the shittiest birthday ever, but that didn't matter now. It was nothing to me.

"Also, instead of going to a cabin for your birthday how about we go to Sky Zone?"