The Last Stand

I'm sorry that this is so late, (Nice job Grace) but I hope you all enjoy it!

I actually got part of this from my Waige/Kelyes Fanfiction book, but of course, I changed the circumstances and the people.

If you all watch Scorpion, please go check that out! :)

~

As two cadets helped to untie Christopher LaSalle and Sonja Percy, Tammy Gregorio steadied her sniper. 

She saw she had a clear shot, and moved a finger to the trigger.

Three, two, one... BAM!

The bullet went through the window, then through the next.

But the target moved and the bullet hit the wall instead.

Quick as a flash, one of the cadets spun around and shot in the direction of which the bullet had come from.

All of the cadets started at the two shots.

LaSalle looked to Percy, and saw that she was clutching her side, a terrified expression on her face.

"LaSalle," she whispered, starting to collapse.

"Sonja!" he cried, racing to her.

He caught his partner just before she hit the floor.

And then he looked to the cadets.

"Call an ambulance!"

His gaze dropped down to Percy, who was taking ragged breaths.

"You're gonna be alright, Sonja," he stated, putting his hands over hers, which were covering the bullet hole.

By now, they were soaked in bright red blood.

Just moments after this, Pride, Gregorio,  SWAT, and practically every police officer in New Orleans burst in.

Pride, Gregorio, and a few police officers assisted LaSalle with Percy, trying to keep her awake and applying pressure to the wound.

Five minutes later, Sonja, who was semi-conscious, was carefully but quickly placed on a stretcher and put in an ambulance.

LaSalle clambered in behind her, taking her hand, and trying to say things to calm her.

At the hospital, Chris ran as far as he could alongside Percy as they rushed her to the operating room.

"Stay with me," he pleaded over and over.

And as the operation room door was about to slam in his face, he called, "I love you."

Chris leaned against the wall, slid to the floor, and ducked his head.

The silence made him feel empty.

Now that Sonja's life was in someone else's hands, the man could now process what had happened.

Percy had been shot.

His best friend, the woman he loved more than anyone, was lying on an operation table, fighting for her life.

Chris hated to see Sonja so vulnerable, and if he could, he'd trade places with her in a heartbeat.