Confined and Comforted

"I freaking swear, if we don't get outta here soon, I am going to smother to death."

"Calm yourself, Sonja."

"I CAN'T "calm myself' CHRISTOPHER. I'M CLAUSTROPHOBIC."

The petite woman squeezed her eyes shut and slid down in the storage container, burying her face in between her knees.

Her partner's expression softened and he slowly sat down beside her.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"I'm fine," she snapped, raising her head up and trying to put on a brave face.

But he could see the fear in her eyes.

He tried again.

"If I would've known-"

"I'm fine, LaSalle," she growled, clearly trying to end the conversation.

But he wasn't giving up, at least, not until she was a little calmer than her current state.

"So, whaddya wanna do when we get out of this damn thing?" he chuckled.

She glared at him.

"If we ever get out of here," she muttered.

And then she added, "I appreciate you trying to comfort me, but I'm fine, okay?"

Percy knew that he knew that she was lying, but she hoped that he would just leave her alone.

But no such luck.

"I would kill for a burger right now."

Percy wrinkled her nose in disgust, but smiled a little when LaSalle laughed.

She had to admit, that made her forget about the asphyxiating space they were in.

But now she was back to freaking out.

She started to breathe hard.

"Christopher, I-I can't handle this. I feel like I'm going to-I'm going to suffocate."

He didn't know what else to do except to wrap her up in his arms, hoping she would allow him to comfort her.

And she did.

~

AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER

There was a clanging sound and three voices called Percy and LaSalle's names, but they were oblivious to them.

The team found the two fast asleep, tangled up together.

"You owe me fifty bucks," Gregorio smirked, turning to face Sebastian.

~