1. footloose

"Mr big shot finally got a scholarship."

"Anthony made it to the big league."

"We always knew you'd be the one to leave Bushwick and go live in the big city."

"I can see in now in lights: Anthony Ramos."

"I can use that to pick up chicks." Trevor stated. You all sat around the cafeteria eating your lunch when Anthony broke the news. He was moving to New York with his Mum. He got a scholarship to some big music school. Well, that's what he told your friends. Anthony's Mum got a new job, and because he hadn't yet to turn eighteen, he had to follow her. As he best friend you should be so proud of him. He was going to the city that never sleeps. Your heart was currently sitting in the pit of your stomach, and you felt sick. You wished he would've told you this is private, you wanted to cry. You wanted him to hold you and say 'Don't worry, we can still keep in touch', but he didn't. He told your whole group all at one. You'd think being Anthony's best friend since he was three when his mother, brother and sister all moved here at the same time, being his first ever friend would mean something. You quickly wiped a tear from your cheek hoping no one noticed. You couldn't say a word. You were speechless. Anthony didn't even realise that you hadn't said anything.

"Hey Ramos. We heard you are leaving Bushwick." San from the baseball team walked over.

"Yeah. That's true." Anthony said proudly.

"We heard you are moving to a place people have never heard before." Sam teased.

"People have heard of New York. Dip shit." Trevor shouted across the table.

"Well, hope you enjoy your time there. I should totally host another party. Booze, ladies and music. How about it?" Sam suggest.

"Ahem." You cough when he said 'ladies' in a sexual way. He also traced and outline of a lady with his hands as he said it. Sam just rolled his eyes at you. You put your fist under your chin and lean on it. Life with out Anthony? That's odd. He was your best friend. You guys did everything together. Your father grew up in a proud Amish community- that meant no music, no TV, no movies, no dancing, no fun. Anthony sound the fun side of it and would invite you to his and he would blast some tunes, sure there was some explicit language in them, but that didn't defer you away from the music. The bell ran for your last class. You had Art. You were focusing on painting. You leave the cafeteria and head upstairs to your class

"Y/N. Wait!" Anthony chased after you. You stopped before entering the class room. You glanced at him with a confused expression. You open the door and take a seat next to your friends, Chloe, Max and Trevor. Anthony sat across from you.

"Alright class. To begin this lesson, we're going to talk about colours. And what colours mean to you. For example, the colour red, is used for both anger and love. Why is that?" The teacher paused as she jumped into her desk and pushed up her glasses. "Yes Chloe." She pouted to your friend next to you.

"Colours are used for multiple uses..." you didn't bother listening to your friends A+ answer. You pulled out your 2B pencil and began to draw on the blank canvas in front of you. You would just draw swirls until a picture finally formed.

"Y/N. I see that you drawing shapes can bring our emotion." The teacher suddenly said.

"N-no miss. No emotions here." You choked putting your pen down.

"Miss (L/N). This is amazing." Your teacher said taking the A3 paper from under your nose. "I can see what you're trying to express. But there seems to be something missing."

"No. Nothing's missing." You gulp avoiding eye contact as he tapped against foot with his.

"Miss. I know what (Y/N) is trying to say with her drawing." Anthony stated. Do you Anthony? Really. Well tell me. "Well you see, because of (Y/N)'s fathers beliefs in Christ she is only taught one way of life-" Anthony started and pointed at the left corner of my page. "but you see, if she was to lie to her father about her own beliefs, I don't know let's just say, she believes in legal marriage for all, her father is clearly against that, which then brings you to the other side of the page..." Anthony trailed off. 17 year old Anthony Ramos can be a total dick sometimes, but that's why his your best friend. He stands up for you. He's your voice when times are changing or you're to shy to say anything.

"Well said Anthony. Anything you would like to add on (Y/N)?" Your teacher asked.

"No. Anthony explained it pretty well." But he missed the blank space on the page right in the middle. That blank space represented him and the fact that he was leaving. The empty space also represented you and your thoughts and feelings about his departure.

After your last class, you began to walk home. You would turn left and everyone else would turn right to get onto the bus. Again, because of your father's beliefs, you had to walk. "Jesus didn't use the bus, so why should you?' I don't know, maybe because Jesus didn't have buses in 5 AD and it's freaking 2009. You finally made it to your house. You walked inside and went straight to your room. I swing off your backpack and lie flat on the bed. You sigh. Anthony, your best friend, leaving Bushwick to live in New York City. Ha. You close your eyes. You wouldn't deny it, but you defiantly going to miss him.

~*~

This is a new book of mine. Each chapter will be under 1000 words. If you have any song titles or plot points you would like me to use, don't be afraid to message me. I hope you like this one...

Also, as you can see, I need and cover. If anyone is willing to make me a cover I will be ever so grateful.