4. for good

Anthony's POV
I walked into the apartment block and walked across the hall way and unlocked the pigeon hole box our mail came in. Because we didn't have a house, we didn't have a mail box. I opened it up. Bills, bills, bills, moms credit card bill, coupons to Wal-Mart, Anthony Ramos. Huh? A letter for me that's weird. Okay. I ran up the stairs and opened the apartment I shared with my mom. I drop my bag from my shoulder into the couch.

"Anthony. Please. I just cleaned the lounge room." Ma Ramos yelled.

"Sorry." I gulped picking up my bag and heading into the kitchen and spread the mail across the dinner table. I grabbed the letter addressed from me. I flipped it over so I could read the back on the envelope. 'Bushwick', was written on the back of it. I smiled. It's probably either a bill of some sorts or something has actually bothered to write to me. And there's only one person who I know still writes letters, and I found that quite sweet and old fashioned- (Y/N). I read through her letter carefully. I smiled at the fact she got a scholarship and she got accepted into her college of choice. Her induction was on my birthday. Maybe we could meet up. I could introduce her to all my new friends here. I sure mom would like that as well. I continued to read along. She's seeing a therapist? Why? Oh god. It was probably my fault. No, why would it be my fault. You're so ver thinking again Anthony. Just breathe. There we go. And letter finished. At the very bottom of the letter was a single tear drop. This kind of became a part of (Y/N)'s signature. I never realise how emotion writing letters to me was, until I noticed consistent tears on the pages. I decided to write one back. I rummaged through my coin tin looking for some quarters to buy a stamp before I come home tomorrow. Therefore sending it to (Y/N) and she would get it by the end of the week.

'Dear, (Y/N).
I am so happy to hear about your good news and I wish to congradulate you on your scholarship to the School of Visual Arts in New York. I'm so proud of you.

I've been meaning to tell you something. I wish for you to sit down before reading this. I've decided to change career paths. I been tossing up between substitute teaching and persuading musical theatre- remember that play I did to make my mom proud, that play was a attuale flop. Anyways, I've decided to join the US Navy. This is probably be the last letter I wrote to you- hopefully not ever. We need money here, we don't have a good income in New York. I liked it better in Bushwick because you were there. Heck I loved it there. You know that. I just wish to tell you before I leave that none of it seems it matter anymore. Like a comet pulled from orbit, of like a ship blown from its mooring. As it passed the sun, by a wind off the sea. Like a stream that meets a boulder, like a seed dropped by a bird. Halfway through the wood, in the wood. Who can say if I've been changed for the better. I do believe I have been changed for the better.

Because I knew you,
Love Anthony.'

Hopefully life is a lot better after I come back. I pulled out my suitcase from under my bed and began to pack everything I think I would need. After a quick pause to do some push ups and play form PlayStation, Mom called me over for dinner.