Revealing Secrets

When Sasuke opened his eyes, the vivid nightmare of his slaughtered family fading into the back of his mind like a dull headache, the Uchiha couldn't help but sigh, raking a pale hand through his ebony locks as he stared at the ceiling in thought. Today was the day. As of the day before, he had graduated from the academy and today would be his first day as an official ninja of the Leaf Village. A feeling bubbled in his stomach - whether it was excitement or dread he didn't know.

Before he could ponder his emotions further, the window opposite of his bed slid open and a boy in an orange jacket fell inside. The boy's back hit the wood floor with a thud, and Sasuke found himself unable to hold back a snicker as he sat up in his bed. The boy in question glared at the Uchiha, pushing himself into a sitting position on the floor and ruffling his spiky blond hair before folding his arms in front of him and pouting. "Shut up, Teme."

Sasuke rolled his eyes, pushing himself off his bed and over to his dresser where he had laid out his clothes the night before. As the dark-haired boy got himself dressed, he eyed the blond boy and he had to keep himself from rolling his eyes again. "Quit pouting, Naruto. You're a ninja now; ninjas don't pout."

"Too bad, Duck-Butt. I'll pout if I want to."

Sasuke, now completely dressed, elegantly made his way over to the childish ninja. He crouched before the boy, balancing on the balls of his feet and resting his arms lazily over his thighs. "Quit that," the Uchiha chided jokingly, a smirk on his face. "You love this duck-butt hair and you know it." And with that, Their lips connected in a chaste and affectionate kiss before the dark haired boy stood up again.

Naruto chuckled, bringing his hand over his head to rub the back of his neck. "You've got me there." Then he too lifted himself onto his feet before taking off the jacket which was a horrid shade that Sasuke had taken to calling 'kill-me-orange.' He threw it onto the other boy's bed before removing the mesh shirt also, and replacing it with a black turtleneck which formed to his body.

Naruto and Sasuke had been in a relationship for a while now, and had been good friends for even longer. It may seem strange that someone with a reputation like an Uchiha's would ever even associate with someone as hated and lowly as Naruto Uzumaki, but the two boys had defied all odds in becoming the best of friends. It had been on a rainy day that Sasuke had found Naruto crying in an alley, curling in on himself as to prevent himself from getting soaked - despite the fact that his clothes and hair were already drenched. After debating in his mind, Sasuke had offered Naruto to come home with him to wait out the rain, and that had been that. A one night stay in the all but empty Uchiha manor had turned into frequent visits, laughing, and a friendship so strong that it had developed into love.

"Are you sure about this, Sasuke?"

The dark-haired boy turned his attention away from the headband he was about to tie to his head. "What do you mean?"

"I mean..." The blond sighed, his crystal-blue eyes staring at the floor. "Are you sure you want people to know? I mean, I don't really care about what people think about me - they already hate me so why not throw the fact that I'm gay out there? But what about you? You're the heir of the Uchiha clan. You're admired and you have a reputation and I don't want people to look at you differently or the way that they look at me beca-"

"Naruto!" The blond flinched at the assertive yet concerned tone. Sasuke placed both hands on Naruto's shoulders, causing the Uzumaki to look up from the ground and into his onyx eyes. "Naruto Uzumaki, stop that right now." Sasuke tended to act like a mother hen when Naruto insulted himself - which was too much in Sasuke's opinion. "Do you honestly think I care about what anyone in this damn village thinks of us? Of me? I know that some of those people treat you like garbage, and you don't deserve it one bit. But do you remember what you told me? About how you're going to change all that? Naruto, we're going to change things together. I'm ready. You're ready. We can do this, ok?"