The diary 3 - Reunion with a soulmate

Have you ever felt your heart beat like cannons are getting fired? Have you ever looked at someone and just smiled a goofy smile and not stopped? Have you ever had the privilege to love someone more beautiful than the gorgeous fairy in your sweete...

Have you ever felt your heart beat like cannons are getting fired? Have you ever looked at someone and just smiled a goofy smile and not stopped? Have you ever had the privilege to love someone more beautiful than the gorgeous fairy in your sweetest dreams and be loved back by her? Well I have had that privilege with Ela.

I spotted Ela last Sunday at a friend's party after nearly 5 years. 5 years! The same mesmerizing smile which could melt the coldest heart. The same curvaceous body which would make men check her out regularly. The same curly hair which would twirl every time she talked or moved and just enhanced her cuteness. Last, but not the least, the same self-assured dark eyes, which were so full of life as if they hadn't aged a day since her childhood. I could go on and on. It was as if I had seen her only yesterday. Ela was looking just as ravishing as she had the last time I saw her.

Ela and I had met at a relative's wedding and just hit it off. I was a young blooded man who was working as a journalist with a reputed English newspaper. She on the other hand was a charming young woman who was working as a trainee marketing professional. Both of us liked to talk and were textbook extroverts. It was as if the fire was kept hidden somewhere and we both just came together and the sparks started. I still remember how we started talking. We were introduced to each other and the situation so arose that we had to pick up a relative from a nearby place. The relative was known to her and I had to become the driver. I shall never forget that ride. My wise cracks and continuous flirting and her reverts. What a ride it was! We were inseparable the rest of the wedding and exchanged numbers and so our small love story began.

We talked and talked and talked every moment we had free from our work. She was a dedicated worker who wanted to pursue a MBA after some time and I was a journalist who wanted to hold power to account and then in the long run become a writer. We were both well read and had a wicked sense of humour. Both of us were bold and headstrong and had the world going for us. We met on the days my work allowed me to travel near her work place and went out for dates every weekend. We had really open minded parents and this was something which worked in our favour. We both were independent , free minded and understanding of each other and we seldom had any fights.

Here is the thing. We never actually proposed to each other. We just started dating. Just like that. We both adored each other and knew we had found someone with whom we would like to spend our entire lives with. The camaraderie was something which was easily noticeable to everyone around us. We would hang out with each other's friends on occasion but mostly my time with her was only with her. We had our exploits. Like that time when we went to the place of a friend who had left it empty for us. It was roughly 4 months into our relationship. We had only kissed till then. But kissed hard. Let me tell you about that. We were insatiable dimwits. We smooched like the other person was an elixir of life and kissing each other would enhance our life. The love making was wild and through the roof. We lost our virginities that day. Enough with this. These are private moments which I shall share with no one. Then there were the movie dates, the dinner dates and lunch dates. I used to sometimes send small love letters to her by mail to her office. Old school. She would reply in kind. There was the time I went strolling with her on the sands of Juhu beach and an evening I spent sitting beside her on Marine Drive. The day we danced like crazy at our night out in a club. We were hopeless romantics who loved each other no end. We had the perfect relationship. Then it happened.