Way Back When

The Ark, 2141 ce

"You know Finn I think today's starting to be the worst birthday ever!" Raven said with the stomp of her foot. Ever since her mother decided that she would spend her time with her next conquest instead of spending time with her now ten-year-old daughter, she felt hurt and greatly disappointed. Although Finn was trying very hard to make it up to her she still wouldn't allow herself to cheer up.

"Raven, you know how she is," he told her with a remorseful smile. He hated seeing his best friend that way. "She's too blind to see how great and amazing you are," Finn continued on.

Raven looked down at her hands with a great sigh and shook her head slowly in agreement. She still; however, told Finn that she thought it would be different because now she was double digits, which in her eyes was something very big.

Finn too caught up in making sure that Raven was okay, and Raven still not paying attention caused them both to fail and see a boy running towards them. Too late to move out of the way, the boy ran straight into Raven taking them both down in the process. With a shriek, she quickly pushed him off of her.

"What the heck is wrong with you?!" Raven yelled flailing her arms around once she got up. The boy just smirked and shrugged his shoulders, which seemed to piss off Raven even more. After a long tense moment, the boy finally spoke.

"It's actually not my fault that you weren't paying attention," he told her. Finn now grew annoyed that he couldn't even say sorry to the girl he just trampled over.

"Listen, you're the one that ran into her and her day has already been bad so just apologize," Finn said to him. Raven looked at him with appreciation silently thanking him for once again standing up for her. With a much-exaggerated sigh, the two friends quietly heard him mumble a soft sorry.

"Just watch out next time..." Raven said silently trailing off, because she didn't know his name.

"The names David," he said with yet another one of his smirks and a wink to go with it. He said his name with such pride and cockiness. Even though she was still quite annoyed with him Raven couldnt help but give David a smile. She liked his confidence. Finn looked at Raven with utter confusion that the same boy who just knocked her off her feet only moments ago was the same boy who made her smile for the first time that day.

"Maybe one day ill be able to make it up to you," David told her kindly.

Despite Raven taking a liking into his confidence, she couldn't forget what he just did. With her eyes narrowed and hands on her hips, she told him hotly, "Yeah one day" and without anything else to say she turned around and strutted away leaving Finn to follow and David looking at her dumbfounded.

   _____________ 

A/N: Words can't describe how sorry I am that I haven't updated anything. I said I would start updating frequently since season 4 started but here I am updating once it ended (great season btw). Life has been difficult for me for awhile but doing this brings me joy so ill try to update as quickly and efficiently as I can. This chapter took place 8 years before Raven went to the ground. That is why Raven is 10 here, and David is 11, and Finn is 9. The 100 prisoners went to the ground in 2149 and this chapter took place in 2141, anyways hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I will hopefully see you all soon!!