Chapter 5

Taking into consideration every word that was passed in the short meeting Christopher moved through the house deep in thought. Different scenarios played in his mind, making him think about what are the possibilities of hem winning in that situation.

          The lack of presence of a certain woman is greatly noticeable considering that this matter involves her. Or is it jut his need to keep her close increasing? Why did he feel disappointed earlier? It certainly wasn't aimed at Elizabeth, but at himself. He shouldn't feel like that. The two of them had thought of a risky but good plan that is about one of the few guesses of the reason behind the strange stalking.

          But the way one of her men talked back at her as if he was a giving and order to her had him feeling large displeasure. He didn't like how she felt ashamed afterwards. Even though the man was right to add those thoughts to the conversation and to give an opinion on what could be the darn reason it wasn't his place to act to impudently.

          Her nuisance had caught his attention immediately. But ho couldn't it when she bowed her head in shame. She felt as if she wronged everyone in the room buy jumping to conclusions. Sure, the situation wasn't thought through completely, but that's just because everyone is so sure that he wants the gentle beauty, so that wasn't a one hundred percent mistake.

          Passing through the halls of the packed house Christopher didn't pay any attention to his surroundings, it was automatic for him to go outside, while heading towards the terrace. He not once noticed the lustful glances he was getting from the female population around him. Those girls dreamed of gaining his attention but even they aren't inconsiderate as to not notice his sudden interest in newcomer.

          That's right, not one of the women who had joined his mass had ever gained his attention in such a way to consume his thoughts. They were very much aware of the inscrutable woman because because of her Christopher was lost in thought and seeking her attention. Though it was entertaining how he himself doesn't know what's happening, why it's happening and how it's happening.

          Thinking about the dangers the woman might have to put herself in made the frown on his face deepen as he stepped out on the terrace. Just as he was ready to turn back around to try and find the woman back in the house he noticed the woman taking a stroll in the disheveled garden in front of him.

          He stood there staring at her, studying her intensely. Elizabeth was in deep thought with something bothering her. It was noticeable even from the few feet of distance, and that, of course, didn't sit with him very well. She looked worried, or maybe even thinking about the earlier event. He noticed her surprised facade when he stood up for her at the table. It was like she had waited for him to judge her and her 'reckless' actions. If so, then he was going to assure her that nothing of such crossed his mind.

          Staring at the gentle beauty Christopher found himself staring at her in awe. She wasn't aware of his presence and he used that to admire the sight in front of him. The wind blew lightly, making her golden blond locks fly around her delicate features while her sea blue eyes looked lost and highly disturbed by something. How can he be cold hearted towards such a delicate creature?

          There's the thing... he couldn't. His thoughts have been only about her these past few hours and he doesn't know what to make of them. Never has he felt like that towards a woman before and the thoughts are scaring him.

          Mindlessly he took small yet determined steps in her direction. She still is yet to take notice of his presence. Step by step he closed in on the petite blond. A wave of ind blew stronger that the ones before it and made her already untamed locks bounce around in every direction, making her frustration rise up a level.