Explain

Aster's POV

I woke up from my unconsciousness to a very persistent banging on my window. I thought I left it open? I drag myself off of the floor and stretch my back out before walking over to the window.

My heart nearly jumps out of my chest when I see a frantic looking Apri floating there. I quickly unlatch the window and throw it open. She immediately flies into my room and lands on my floor. She starts to pace the length of my room while biting her fingernails nervously.

"Apri? Is everything okay?" I ask worriedly and she glances up to meet my eyes before focusing them on the wooden floor again. I wait a second before she slowly shakes her head 'no'. My heart drops and fear courses through my veins. I walk towards her and place my hands on her shoulders. "Apri..." I shake her lightly, making her look up at me and remove her hand from her mouth. "What's wrong?" I say slowly and my eyebrows crease when I see her eyes gloss over. "The-the explosion. It wasn't c-caused by a human." She stutters quietly and I hum in confusion. "The explosion was caused by...by...a demon." She whispers the last part and I choke on my own breath.

"Wh-what?" I let out a breathy laugh and take a step back from Apri, letting my bare arms fall to my sides. "Are you joking? Apri, this is not something to joke about!" I say sternly and Apri shakes her head wildly. "I'm not, I swear! Aster, please believe me!" She begs and I hear the shakiness in her voice. I knew she was telling the truth.

We stand in silence as I try to get this information through my head. It felt as if my brain was bursting at the seams. Maybe that's what caused me to scream a moment later.

"UHG!" A high pitched groan comes from my mouth and makes Apri jump. I don't have time to say I'm sorry before I'm yelling again. "WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME? WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO ME? WHAT DID I DO?!" I shout my voice cracking and my hands in fists at my sides. Apri tries to calm me down with a soothing voice but it doesn't work. "I don't want to have to deal with this!" I say more quiet than the last time and I drop my head into my hands.

"Yeah, about that...you're not going to like this but...you're the only one who can save us from more destruction, Aster." Apri whispers and my head shoots to meet her eyes. "Are you joking?" I ask in a serious tone and she shakes her head whilst biting her lip. I shake my head and pace over to my bed, then fall down on top of it.

"Everything is falling apart!" I yell into my pillow as I'm in a spread eagle position on the bed. I hear Apri sigh and the bed sinks as she sits down on it. She rubs the spot between my shoulder blades as I take deep calming breaths.

-----/

We've been in the exact same position for over and hour and the commotion outside has died down completely. I had let myself accept that I had to fix this, I just didn't know how.

"What do I have to do?" I ask as I sit straight up in bed, startling Apri. "Well, you just have to do what I've taught you." She says and I narrow my eyes. "You've barely taught me anything." I hiss and she blushes in embarrassment. "I see that so you'll just have to let me teach you now." She mumbles and I roll my eyes. "You are the worst aid that has ever come to help me." I snap and stand up to leave the room.

"I'm the only aid you've ever had!" She replies as she follows me out into the kitchen. "And you've been the worst!" I shout over my shoulder as I search the fridge for something to eat. Apri scoffs and waits for me to finish and fail at my searching for something to eat. As I straighten up to look at her she raises her eyebrows. "Can I teach you now?" She asks and I stare at her for a minute before sighing.

"Fine."

Guess who's back.

Back back.

Back again.

I am back.

Vote on my story and comment and love it and recommend it...to a friend

IT WORKED AYYYYEEEEEEE