Chapter Two

🍂Tyler🍂

The late bell rang loudly in my ears as I walked through the empty halls to my first period class. I had my schedule crumpled up in my left hand as I braced for the embarrassment of walking into the middle of a quiet class. As soon as I opened the door all eyes were on me. And I hated every second of it.

"You're late." Mr.whatever says

-I don't know his name-

"What's your name kid?"

Uhh Tyler? I say like a question.

"Okay Tyler, take a seat, next to...Josh."

I look over my shoulder and scan my eyes over the crowd of teenagers still burning their eyes into my skull. Until I see a boy with curly brown hair and a warm smile waving at me. It had to be Josh.

I kicked my backpack under neath my desk as I sat down.

"Hey, Tyler right?" Josh says with the warm smile still plastered on his face.

"Yeah." I say with a genuine smile

"I'm Josh, but I think you already know that." He laughs

I let out a small laugh as well, Josh sticks his hand out implying he wanted to shake my hand. So I did and for some reason the small interaction with him gave me butterflies. We didn't talk for the rest of the class. And I was kinda disappointed? 

The rest of the day was pretty normal until lunch came around. I sat at a table with my friends Jenna, Brendon, and Ryan. Our other friend, Dallon , was nowhere to be found.

"Where the fuck is Dallon?!" Brendon obnoxiously exclaims

"He was probably was Messing around in class and got lunch detention" -JB

/AN I'm going to sometimes put the person who's speaking initials after their quote just so it's not so redundant as the whole he said she said thing/

"Yeah that would make sense." -TJ

Ryan was in the middle of a sentence when Dallon and, to my surprise,Josh sat down across from me.

"What's up mother FUckers" Dallon says with emphasis.

"Nothing much, just waiting for your ass" -BU

"Well I'm here now and I brought a friend, this is Josh he just moved here from a couple towns over."

"Hi." Josh says with that same intriguing smile.

Everyone greets him including me. The conversation continues, but I space out into my thoughts. Looking at Josh made me think of when I "came out" to my mom. I never exactly said "Hey! I'm GAY." What happened was she pretty much asked me if I was and I didn't really know how to respond. I mean, I never put a label on myself before then. But I guess it was kinda obvious, I've never had a girlfriend, or even a boyfriend-but I've never looked at a girl and thought "Damn she's hot." So that was the first time I really analyzed my sexuality and it turns out I am a flaming homosexual.

The feeling of someone watching me snapped me out of my thoughts, I looked up from my food to see a blushing Josh staring at me. He quickly looked down as his cheeks got redder, and his smile got bigger. I started to feel my face heat up as I looked at him. Damn he is hot.