Chapter 2

What was taking them so long? They should have called over an hour ago. He should have known they would be incompetent. He gave them one simple task to do and they were yet to call him with the results. If those idiots messed up this time, he would definitely give them the boot. He needed capable persons to work for him. He needed -

His thoughts we interrupted by the ringing of his cell phone. He took it from his pocket and checked the caller ID. It was them. Finally.

"What?" he snapped. His tone was icy.

"We got him boss," came the reply.

"Finally. I was starting to think you weren't up to the task. So did everything go according to plan?"

"Actually, the kid is tougher than we thought. He gave me quite a fight and he knocked Jones unconscious. Fortunately, Carter was in the hallway. He took Jones to the car while I cleaned up the apartment. I then took the kid down to the car."

"Did anyone see you?"

"No boss. We used the fire escape."

"Where's Jones? Is he dead?"

"He's sleeping in the backseat of the car. He's going to have quite a headache when he regains consciousness."

"Where's the kid?"

"He's at the location."

"Good. I'll be right there." he hung up.

That kid was about to get what he had coming. He completely ruined his life and now it was time to suffer the consequences. If that kid had kept his mouth shut, he wouldn't be in this mess right now. All actions had repercussions and he would get his just reward. He'd made a vow on that fateful day that he would make him pay. Now the time had come.

He felt a rush of adrenaline. His lips curved into a bitter smile. Say your prayers kid, he thought. Because you're as good as dead.