Puppy Love - Chapter Two.

Zendaya Coleman.

My hands were shaking a little bit as I held the phone, open with Dinah Jane's contact. I was nervous.

Being a quiet student, I didn't really talk to many girls, or even pretty girls. I just couldn't.

And now I was forced to.

I took a deep breath and pressed on the green phone before putting the phone to my ear, biting my lip as the dialling tone began playing. There were a good few rings before I heard the audible click, and then a noise. A lot of noise.

Then a voice.

"Shut up!" It yells, causing me to jump slightly in my skin. "Hello?" It speaks more sincerely to me, and I feel stupid as she van probably hear me choking on the air.

"Hi." I reply, a bit more quietly. "This is Zendaya."

I hear the phone shift, and then a gasp. "Zendaya? Oh hi! How are you? I didn't expect a call back so soon!"

"Uh, I'm fine." I shrug, not used to these kind of over the phone questions. "I just wanted to let you know that I was able to get um your sister the job."

It's quiet for a second, and this second grows into so many moments, that I pull the phone away from my ear to check if she's still there. She is.

"Really?" She asks, the shock in her voice evident. Now I felt bad. This meant that they had obviously been getting rejected.

"Yeah, really." I smile, knowing I'm able to make a difference. "Turns out that between classes and studying, I do kind of need a little helper."

"That's great." Dinah Jane breathes. "Finally I can get this thing behind my back. Funny thing is, Regina always wanted to come to the store, but I told her that I wasn't sure if you'd be able to help. I mean, its not exactly a typical job. She'll be so excited when I tell her."

"That's good." I smile and then eye the page in my hand. "So when can you guys come by to discuss the terms of the job?"

"Uh, I have a ten am class, so maybe in like half an hour's time?"
I glance at the clock and see that its almost nine. I have a ten am class too. "Sure."

----

My head perks up as I hear the bell ringing, and see the head of blonde hair strutting in confidently, closing the door behind her, much to my dismay.

I was hoping that her friend would be with her today.

"Hi." She greets as she comes over to the counter.

"Hi." The stupid parrot mimics before I can say anything. I glare at him and then roll my eyes.

"Morning." I greet as well, still giving the parrot a look. "Uh, this won't take long." I inform her. "I have a ten am class too."

She nods and sets her bag down on the ground. Her face drops. "Oh wow, was I supposed to bring her with me?"

"Who, Regina?"

She nods, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth. "I totally forgot... I mean, she is at school and-"

"-hey, it's okay." I cut her off with a chuckle. "I do kind of need someone legal to do the paperwork with me."

"Paperwork?"

I nod and eye her over. "You are legal, right?"

"Of course I am." She rolls her eyes playfully. "Been legal for three years now."