twenty one

Alexandria

"Another one." I put the shot glass down in front of John.

He shakes his head, "you've already had like three shots, no more."

You're the one that convinced me.

He turns to walk away but turns back around to grab the tequila bottle, then turns around and walks away.

I groan and push the shot glass away from me.

Where the fuck was Jess and Bex?

I get out of my seat and stumble a bit, but regain my balance and walk towards the couch where everyone was.

I stumble a bit more and get caught into someone's arms.

"Woah, there."

"Sorry," I mumble.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just had a couple drinks," I laugh then look up and see Sean.

"Couple? I don't think so." he shakes his head.

"Where's Jess?" I ask, taking a step back from him, changing the subject.

He gives me a confused look and shrugs, "last time I seen her, she went inside the restroom."

"With Bex?"

"I think so."

I turn around to walk towards the restroom but Sean pulls me back.

"I don't think it's a good idea if you go."

"And why not?" I rest my hand on my hip.

"Bex hates getting interrupted."

I raise an eyebrow at him.

"She'll get angry." He says, trying to convince me to not go in the restroom.

"I don't think they could possibly be talking for this long."

I hoped that all they really were doing was just talking. Jess did mention they had a past and a part of me couldn't stop thinking that maybe they were doing something else.

Fuck. Why do I care so much?

I walk towards the restroom, ignoring the calls of my name.

As I reach the door, I could hear them talking. I press my ear against the door.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck. I fucked up."

"It's fine, Bex. We both had a good time."

"No! Fuck you!"

"She isn't going to find out and anyways, it's not like she loves you."

Did they fuck?

"Don't fucking say that! She will love me, one day."

"You're so delusional," Jess scoffs, "she's no where near your type."

"She doesn't have to be my type," she snaps, "she'll love me one day just like the other girls with the guys."

The other girls?

"Oh, please," she snorts, "they were just lucky."

"Just shut the fuck up already! God, I fucking hate you."

"You didn't hate me about fifteen minutes ago."

Ouch.

"Never speak of that. Especially in front of her."

Somehow a pang of jealousy went through me and I felt.. hurt.

I couldn't bear to hear anymore so I walk off and go to the bar.

I walk around behind the counter and see the bottle of tequila I was drinking earlier. John left it on the counter.

I grab it and open it up, taking a big gulp from it.

I wince at the burn in my throat as it goes down. I drink more, not caring if I get drunk.

"What are you doing?" A voice says behind me.

I turn around and see Bex, with her arms crossed, watching me. I chug down more in front of her but she immediately takes it away.

"You're going to get drunk." She says, putting the bottle on the counter.

"So?" I reach to grab the bottle but she grabs it first and holds it away from me.

"Give it to me!" I yell as I try to grab it. I stumble a bit forward and she catches me.

"Yeah, you're already tipsy." She puts down the bottle and holds me with the support of both of her arms.

I instantly push her away, "don't touch me."

I suddenly felt angry at her. Angry for not allowing me to hang out with Jess, angry that she tried to take me home while I wasn't doing anything wrong, angry at the fact that she had sex with Jess in the restroom.

"Did I do something?" Her expression was mixed with hurt and confusion.

I roll my eyes.

"Hey, Alex," Jess comes up from behind Bex.

I mentally gag at the sight of them together.

I shake my head at them, disgusted to even be around them. I turn around and walk away, and walk towards everyone, sitting on the couches, having their own conversations.

I then spot John, Amadeus, Willa, Santiago, Carlson, and Kiana playing Jenga.

"Can I join?"

They all look back at me and smile.

"Come sit," Kiana pats down beside her. They were all sitting around a table where the game was held.

I sit between Kiana and Carlson.

"So y'all are playing jenga?"

"Yes, but drinking jenga." Kiana smiles.

"Drinking Jenga?"

"Basically, when you pull out a block, it'll tell you to take a shot or something."

I nod, "well shall we?"

"We shall," John half smiles at me.

I give him a confused look saying 'why the heck are you letting me drink more now, when you wouldn't let me earlier?'

He shrugs as if he heard me, "didn't want to you get drunk before we played."

I eye him but nod.

It was weird seeing gang members playing a drinking game. I expected them to be the serious, drinking type. Just lay back, talk to each other about gang stuff and drink, then go home. But they weren't like that. They actually liked to have fun.

"Mind if I play?"

We all look back to see Bex standing there.

I mentally roll my eyes at her.

"Sure, come on, friend," John smiles and pats down on the seat next to him.

A/N: Next chapter gonna be sort of lit B)

25 votes for next chapter.

Your choice.

See you next time

-Catalina