Five: I'm Going to Die

I stared at the list of names before me. There were so many- twelve couples would be attending this rather odd 'birthday party'. How was I supposed to learn every single ones name, title, and life story in a few days?

"I can't do it." I said, shaking my head as I threw my hands up in the air.

"You have too. The world's calling for you." There was a smug look on his face due to the fact he was proud of being able to mock me.

"Well tell the world I'm sorry, and can't get to the phone right now." I flashed him a sarcastic smile before standing up, and exiting the suite. I've had enough Noah for the time being.

Clearly the world hates me, because right as I left, came Noah barreling after me.

"You can't just abandon everybody." He tried to explain, "The world is putting its life in your hands."

I stopped, turning around to face him. "Why? It's not like I asked it too."

"It's not something you can ask for." He rolled his eyes, "It's something that naturally happens, alright? I do this for a living, and I'm telling you that it's not as hard as it seems. Quit acting like a child, and let's get back to work. We only have an hour left till your lesson with Dom, and three days until we leave for Romania."

I stood there with my arms crossed, watching as he stormed back into our room. I stomped my foot, let out a childish huff, and eventually followed him back inside.

"Gregory and Madeline Praline are-"

"The Grand Duke and Duchess of Bulgaria." I responded, sitting back down in the same chair I started off in.

"Brunson and Nina Malkovich-"

"The Tsar and Tsarina of Russia."

"Maurice and Abigail Romanoff."

I thought for a moment, trying to recall where their names fell on the list. For some reason, I couldn't think of anything.

"I-I can't remember." I said, awaiting his extra response.

He sighed miserably, dropping the folder down in front of me. "The world's screwed."

"Give me a break- I forgot one couple."

"You forgot the couple!" He yelled, "We're Maurice and Abigail Romanoff!"

I bit my tongue, "Ohhhh. My bad."

"Can you be anymore unintelligent? The lack of knowledge in your brain is giving me a migraine." Noah babbled on about.

"You complaining all the time is giving me a migraine." I crossed my arms, and leaned back in the chair.

"God better help you." He shook his head, "If you can't learn all you need to before we leave, not only will Spice kill the queen- but she'll kill us, too."

I sighed, "Don't worry. I'll figure it out."

Noah gave me an unsure look, but quickly dismissed it upon our suite doors opening. In walked Dominic, ready to take me away for some one on one time. You had no idea how much I wanted this to happen.

"Ms Ava, are you ready?" He asked, nodding his head towards me.

A large smile formed on my lips as I stood up, catching Noah's eye roll through the corner of my eye. "Absolutely! I've never fought anyone before, so I'm kind of excited."

Dominic chuckled, "I'll be waiting outside." And with that, walked right back through those doors.

With the same smile on my face, I turned to look at Noah who had one of his eyebrows raised at me.