Chapter 17: Happy 100'n something birthday

Bucky's POV:

After that mission last week I've been dropping by Angelica's place more often. She doesn't seem to mind too much. We've been watching movies and tv shows, playing with Războinic at the park, and over all doing cute couple stuff. But she's been acting strange this past week and I don't know why. Whenever I bring it up she blows if off saying, ' just stressed from work ', or she would say, ' it's SHIELD stuff nothing to worry about '. So I've been leaving her to her business cause she'll tell me when she's ready.

I don't know about today though, I think karma's out to get me. To list off all the ways how today is already terrible:

1) I woke up two in a half hours late - 2) I didn't get to eat breakfast cause we haven't went shopping - 3) the training room is under re-construction after Clint shot an explosive arrow and 4) My session with my Angel is canceled due to her being at another meeting. Plus when ever I saw someone they didn't acknowledge something very important about today. Not even STEVE or ANGEL said anything. Defeated I retreated to my corridor and watched some tv. At around 6'ish my phone went off. I looked at it and saw that Angie texted me.

Angel👼:   Hey meet me at 101 Beach St. Ave in an hour. It's very important.

I read over her message and pondered about what she meant about something being very important. I mean could it be something with SHIELD or what I did in HYDRA? I don't know but I trust her.

Alright, I'll be there.   :Me

Angel👼:   Oh and dress fancily.

What? What does she mean dress fancily? ' Maybe it's date? ', I think to myself. I open google maps on my phone to see how far that address was from the tower. It'll be a fifteen minute drive plus the traffic, in conclusion it'll be a thirty minute drive so I start getting ready. I change into a tux, pull my hair back,a dash of cologne, and I'm out on the road.

*** 35 Minutes of driving later ***

When I finally arrive at the place I notice it's some sort of exquisite party hall type of thing. When I enter a man approaches me and asks for my name. Once I answer him he asks me to follow him, which I do but I keep my distance just incase.

He leads me to one of smaller ball rooms and gestures me inside. As I enter I see the team, all my other friends, co-workers, allies, and they all screamed, " HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUCKY!!! "

I smiled and laughed as we all gather together to hug and begin to celebrate. Everyone decided to go up stairs to eat at the buffet and drink at the bar. I say many thanks to all who congratulated me but there was someone missing.

"Hey Steve where's Angelica?"

He gives me a big grin and points over to the stairs on the other side of the room where everyone is headed. When everyone clears out of the way, I see her. She's in a sleek white dress with a black belt around her waist, her hair up and pined with a diamond studded flower hair barrette, white lace heels, floral arm cuffs, and the necklace I gave her. After I gave it to her she practically never took it off. (outfit below ⇊)

 (outfit below ⇊)