Accepted Apologies

Jesse POV:

    I stared at my bedroom ceiling as I thought over what just happened. Was I too harsh? I don't think so. Why would I even think that? Lukas is a jerk. I hate him! I hate him and all his friends! I hate myself for ever being friends with him! I hate his cocky smirk and his arrogant attitude and his stupid jacket! Why was I ever friends with him in the first place?

    Ugh, why is this bugging me so much? I sighed as I pulled a pillow over my face and screamed into it. I don't know why I did, but it made me feel slightly better. I groaned as I chucked the pillow away and slammed my arms onto the bed. What am I gonna do?

Lukas POV:

    I stared at the wall, thinking about how I was gonna fix this. I looked to my nightstand to look at the picture of me and Jesse as kids. I still kept the picture as a memoir, although I hid it whenever the other ocelots came over. It has 10 year old me giving a ning year old Jess a piggy back ride. But what caught my eye this time was the bracelet right in front of it.

    It had been there for a week after I scolded Aiden for stealing it from Jesse's locker. I had meant to give it back to her, but I forgot. Since I'm not busy, I might as well. I just hope she won't chase me out with a broom. I grab the bracelet and start to leave when I pass by a mirror by my doorway. I look over me in my leather jacket, dark jeans, and hair slicked back and covered in gel. She was right. I was different. And to be honest, I kind of hated how I looked.

    I went into the bathroom and washed my hair to get the gel out. I dryed my hair and ran my hand through it once to make it seem less messy. Then, I took my jacket and shirt off and changed into an orange tee-shirt and a much more comfortable black hoodie, leaving it unzipped. I stared at myself in the mirror. I looked a lot better now. I felt more... normal. I slowly walked outside and started up my car.

Jesse POV:

    I was reading one of my favorite books in my living room when I heard a knock on the door. "It's open," I yelled to whoever was on the other side. The couch face away from the door so I turned to look over my shoulder to see who it was. The door slowly opened to reveal Lukas. But he looked... different. Almost like he did when we were kids. "What do you want?" I asked harshly.

    "I-uh... I have your um... bracelet. Aiden stole it. I was planning on getting it to you sooner but I had forgotten about it," he said, opening his hand up to reveal a bracelet. My bracelet. My mother had given it to my on my last birthday before she had died. I sprung up from the couch to go get it.

    "Oh my god thank you so so so so much!" I said. I grabbed the bracelet, about to hug him, before remembering that this is Lukas. I don't like this man. I decided not to be rude, since he had brought me back my most treasured possession, but I wasn't going to be too friendly. "You changed something," I said. He nodded. "Yeah. I-uh... I took your advice. You were right. I was being too fake. Feels good to drop the act though," he said. I chuckled before he spoke again. "Anyways I wanted to say I'm sorry. And I'm not going to push you to be friends with me again. I just... want you to know that I actually do feel bad for it. Not only because it was wrong, but because it hurt you. You deserved-still deserve- so much better than that. I'm so sorry," he said, looking down.

    I sighed. "Apology accepted," I said. He looked back to me with the toothy grin I hadn't seen him make since we were children. "But! We still aren't friends. I just don't hate you. So keep your distance," I said. He nodded. "Of course," he said. We said our goodbyes and he left, leaving me to wonder if I made the right decision.