Prologue

✧✦✧✦

"Harry," I whispered. I can't believe he really was here. I shut my eyes close to figure out if it was all an illusion. My gaze connected with his as I slowly opened my eyes again.

Once I had gotten the overall shock of him being here, I walked over to him, a small smile tilted in the corner of my lips. I wrapped my arms around him and cherished the warmth from his body, even just for a moment.

Not surprisingly, Harry broke away from the hug. I gave him an uneasy smile, his gesture was not unexpected but it still made my heart clench.

He cleared his throat and looked at me, his eyes flat. My eyes widened from the emptiness that his eyes held, his green gaze that seemed to look right though me.

l looked away, unable to handle the intenseness of his gaze. I had guessed that that was what prison did to someone, but I didn't expect it to happen to Harry.

"I'm not here to stay, Gabriella." he whispered softly, a large contrast to his usual tone. I relished the feeling of hearing his voice again after two years.

"It's best if you keep away from me."

from 'Taking Chances'

by wattpad.com author EvaEnchanted

°°°

Simon looked up from the screen and frowned, soft lines marring his face.

"Are you sure about this?"

His friend James, nodded undoubtedly. "Eva is one of the most renowned writers wattpad has. Not to mention she is also well known in other social websites such as Instagram and tumblr by fans of the band. She has millions of avid readers, over four-hundred thousand follower's and-"

"I don't care how much followers she damn well has or if she's more famous than Miley Cyrus or Taylor Swift!" Simon snapped. "I want to know if this," he waved around him "will work." He sighed, rubbing his face irritably, as if doing so would take the stress away.

Simon's appearance has taken a toll from the stress. His face visibly grew older, the once perfect skin and hair he had, has now shown signs of ageing. People used to be surprised hearing that he was over fifty years old and now that he had turned sixty, no one was amazed anymore.

"I'm sorry." He apologised to James. He knew he was taking the blame on him when the poor guy was only helping.

And he did believe in James, he did. The guy has been on his team ever since the band was first set up, and he was one of the few people who stuck through the times when the band's reputation went rocky.

But Simon knew this was the last straw. The band's future was all set on just one chance and he wasn't sure if he was willing to gamble that chance away on a girl.

A series of rapid knocking broke him away from his thoughts.

"Wait a minu-"

The door burst open before he could finish his sentence and his secretary quickly rushed in, clutching a pile of newspapers in her tiny arms before dumping them all over the table.

"Sir," she huffed out. "These just came in immediately after time of publication. There are paparazzis outside the building waiting for your word, sir and—"

"What is this?" He gritted his teeth and grabbed one of the tabloids randomly from the table.

"Boyband member, Zayn Malik locked up for good," it read.

His jaw clenched as he read the rest of the news, hands noticeably tightening around the paper. The public were really convinced that his boys were the spawn of the devil, focusing only on the bad side and neglecting the whole story instead of looking for the full truth.

Although, he himself wasn't sure sometimes on what was the truth. He honestly didn't know what was becoming of the band and no matter how hard he tried to get them back, to guide them in the right way, none of it was working.

Simon looked back at the screen, where a small photo of the girl was included beside the story she had written. He turned his attention to James, who was already looking at him confidently.

His mind was jumbled up with thoughts swarming around his head. What if this didn't work? What if the band really ended this time, permanently? All the years of hard work would have wasted away.

So Simon chose the first thing he did when he had first encountered with the boys; he took a chance.

"Bring her in."

______________________________

Just a little something I came up with that one time I was late for the school bus. I am writing this story as I go so beware of plot holes and mistakes. x)

The characters expressed in this story do not resemble their real life attitudes.