Stay Strong

Star's POV

     I awoke with a startle when I heard someone yell my name. It was Ponyhead. Groggily rubbing my eyes, I swung my legs over the bed and walked towards my mirror. "Wassup B-Fly! Oh! Did I wake you up?" "No, just resting my eyes," I replied, using my wand to switch my royal sleeping dress to a simple blue dress. It was the same blue dress I wore the day I got my wand. "Oh, anyway, how are ya? Any evil monsters around? Since, ya know, ya do have monsters as your guards," she babbled. I shrugged. She was right. This war was between Monsters and Mewnians. Oddly, she is using monsters to protect the Diazs. "No monsters sighted yet, and I am fine," I lied.

   I wasn't fine. I felt broken, shredded, ruined. I tried to stay strong, but I just felt like bursting into tears. Ponyhead narrowed her eyes and me, while I just kept a straight face. I could tell she wouldn't give up, but she dropped the subject. "So, how are you and that earth turd?" she asked. At that moment, I froze. My mouth was open, but nothing spilled out. I tried to blink, but my eyes were glued open. I tried to run away, but I feet were suction cups to the floor. "Hey, its okay if you don't wanna talk," she said, her muzzle drooping. I finally gained control of my body. "Ponyhead, do you remember the song we used to sing when we were kids?"

   Ponyhead looked at me puzzled before asking, "You mean the one that we sang when we were down or sad?" I nodded. She hummed as she thought. I waited patiently, noticing a smile spread across her face. "I sure do B-Fly!" she laughed. "You remember how it goes?" "Mhm."

P: "At first, I was lost and lonely. Nobody by my side."

S: "At first, I was small and hopeless. I felt like I would die."

Ponyhead and Star: "I tried to build my walls, but you would only break it down. I tried to fly away, but you would pull me back down.

Lost in a big world, lost in despair. Waiting for hope, waiting for air.

I try, try, try, I try to stay strong! I try, try, try, I try to break free! Running through fire, my voice echoing. I try, I try, I try to stay strong....but you won't let me..."

    Me and Ponyhead stopped singing when the door fell open, the Latino boy tumbling in. In an instant, he jumped up. "Excuse me, but were you eavesdropping on us?" I growled, clearly angry. He rubbed his neck in embarrassment, his face red. "I-I was going t-to make some nachos, but I h-heard singing and I couldn't t-tear myself apart from the noise. I am sorry, Star. Your voice was really p-p-pretty!" he stammered. I could barely make the words out. I sighed, "Alright, but please do not do this again." He nodded before running out, slamming the door behind him. I turned my gaze back to Ponyhead. "I have to go, goodbye Ponyhead." She shrugged and just replied with a, "Later B-fly!" The mirror shut off and I sat back in bed. "Why does this have to be so awkward?" I muttered under my breath, before getting back up and out the door. Breakfast is going to be so weird..

(Yas I wrote the song, that's why it sucks soooooo bad! But I didn't know what song Star and Ponyhead could sing, not to mention, I wanted to try something creative. TY for the support!)