His Girlfriend?

I was headed toward the lunchroom.

I couldn't believe it.

I don't want to be Striders partner.

I never wanted to be.

But now I am and now he has to come to my house afterschool.

More Flashbacks( today in 1st pd.):

I took a seat beside Dave.

On our table was a chart.

A rubric to be specific.

"looks like we've got out first partner project" Dave looked at the paper, maintaining his stoic expression.

I let out a small groan.

"I suck at math. This isn't fair..."

Why was he given me as a partner? He doesn't DESERVE a dumb kid like me. Especially with how generous he's been to me.

It was atom counting and shit. Didn't we learn this in eighth grade? Why AGAIN???

End of Flashback:

Lost in my thoughts, my face landed right in the middle of two shoulder bones. On someone's back. (Duhh.)

I was stunned, but what I saw was someone relatively muscular, a 1950s greaser kind of–

Wait.

Cronus Ampora.....

My legs instantly stiffened.

He looked at me nervously and moved out of the way allowing me to walk into the cafeteria.

I nodded, attempting to say a small thank you when nothing came out.

He was nice to me.

I wonder why, after all, he gave me a royal beating just yesterday.

I took a few steps inside, when all eyes became fixed on me.

I defensively held my books and such close, this nearly trapping my rib cage.

Small, hushed voices trailed across the cafeteria.

I continued to step toward a table. Any table that was free.

Suddenly, a hand jerked up from in the crowd, motioning for me to come over to them.

Of course I already knew it was Strider.

I took a seat right beside him. I could nearly feel the glares burning the back of my head.

Across the table I saw an angry looking kid with a big black sweater, a Nerdy kid with glasses, and of course, me. (Duhh. Again.)

I just took a wild guess here.

"This your threesome?" I asked in a more hushed tone.

"what. no dude, these are my bros. My homefry, KitKat, and the local homeboy, Egderp.".

"That's not really my name but sure." Egderp said.

Okay, nerdy dude said.

Homefry just kind of ignored everyone. Rude.

"Err...Why is everyone staring??" I rhetorically asked in the same hushed tone

"CAUSE YOU AND STRIDER FUCKED LAST NIGHT DIDN'T YOU?"

"What???!" I nearly screamed.

"Karkat please, I don't think they even touched each other."
Nerd dude spoke

I wanted to say he was right, but he really wasn't.

"WELL, EVERYONE BASICALLY THINKS YOU TWO FUCKED. I WONDER HOW THEY EVEN FOUND OUT."

"damn." Dave spoke.

He didn't seem worried at all.

Me however, I could already guess who told everyone.

"Hey guys!!!" Terezi said happily, slinging her arms around Dave's neck from behind.

"I see you added a member to your threesome Dave." she shot at him.

Some kids in the cafeteria laughed as Terezi walked over to me, placing her hands on my shoulders.

"You....(y/n), you just don't know when to quit do you? You've got too many dicks high and rise for you to count huh?"

"And you've got none for you I assume?" I said playing along, and actually causing an errupting laughter across the cafeteria. I didn't actually expect that, but I went with it anyway.

"Tch!" She pushed me forward slightly after letting go of my shoulders.

"Are you jealous?" Dave gasped.

Terezi had surely grown flustered now.

"Listen, Pyrope, just because (y/n) is my girlfriend doesn't mean we can't be friends." He mocked.

Wait...

Girlfriend???

I opened my mouth to protest, but Egderp effectively stopped me from speaking.

Dave had already caused conversation throughout the cafeteria with that compound word he used there.

Terezi angrily left.

"THAT WAS A NICE COMEBACK YOU MADE" Karkat congratulated.

"What? Oh, thanks.... I think??"

"Yeah, you really told her" Egderp joked.

"I'm John, I hope we can be good friends!" He happily held a hand out, in which I reluctantly shook.

The bell rang.

As the cafeteria cleared out, Dave took me by my hand and walked us out.

I tried to be quiet about what he said in there, but part of me wanted to ask why, and the other part pondering if he were serious or not.

I assumed he was walking me to my next class.

Just as the hallways slightly cleared, he spoke

"sorry if your mad at me (y/n), it had to be done"

"I-its fine I guess..."

"look, we kinda have no choice if I'm gonna be even remotely close to you, people already had their suspicions. If we just prove them right we can at least keep between the two of us what's real and what's not."

"Mm" I hummed, nodding in agreement as per what he said.

Part of my heart feels like it sank right down to my stomach. I wonder why, it's not like I want to be his girlfriend anyway, right?

He gave me a small grin," see ya after class"

"Bye," we split ways as I walked into the classroom.

In some way...I miss him already.