runaways

They go to the physio the following day, and Maya's given exercises for the next two weeks, the physio explaining that she won't be able to start walking until the bruising and external wounds have healed. Maya's sitting at the piano, Brendon's on his phone on the sofa, Sarah's on her laptop, Amelia's in the studio. Brendon's phone begins ringing, and he answers it at the same time as Sarah's phone starts buzzing. They glance over to Maya, each talking to separate people.

"Holy shit," Brendon mutters, and Sarah nods "We'll be there in ten." Brendon hastily grabs his parker, Sarah turns back to Maya "Jenna's gone into labour, Debby and Josh are caught in traffic, so we're going to the hospital to stay until they get there." Maya nods "Call me when you're there." Sarah kisses the top of her head, making sure Maya can reach everything she needs, and that her phone is next to her arm.

"Maya?" Amelia shakes her shoulder, and she yawns as she wakes up. Amelia looks nervous, and Maya raises one eyebrow "What?" Another figure steps out from behind her, and waves shyly "Hey Maya," Noah smiles softly, and Maya's face breaks into a grin as she throws her arms around his shoulders, and he sits on the sofa to hug her back "I missed you so much," He mumbles, and she nods "I missed you too."

"Mom? What's happening?" Maya asks Sarah, who's silent on the other end of the phone "Mom?" Sarah coughs "Sorry, Josh and Debby just arrived." Maya sighs "How's Jenna doing?" There's a long pause, during which Maya repeats the word 'mom' about fourteen times, until Sarah replies "It's a boy." 

The days of physio turn into weeks, the weeks grow to months. Noah stays for as long as he can, but that's only a fortnight. He flies back to college with Amelia, before getting a connecting flight back to New York by himself. Brendon and Sarah see Maya take her second set of first steps for the first time in almost five months. 

"So, bass." Maya states when Brendon stands from the sofa, and he shakes his head "We had this discussion like four days ago, we're not finishing the tour yet." Maya groans "Come on dad, it's been like half a year, I'm fine to do this. For the fans." Sarah walks in, dropping her bag on the kitchen table "She's right Brendon, it's been five months." he frowns "Are you sure you want to do this? I've seen the bitchy side of twitter, and I just don't want you to feel like you're being pushed into this." Maya shakes her head, standing to hug Brendon "I want to do this, and I know you want to get back to the show."

"Did I hear something about a show?"

"Pete! Shut the hell up dude!"

Brendon raises one eyebrow, and Sarah grins as Maya places her arm over her mom's shoulders "We might have invited the others over, to start planning." Pete laughs as he enters, picking Maya up and swinging her around in a circle, she laughs "Pete!" Patrick sighs "Be careful, dammit." Pete rolls his eyes "We're all good, aren't we kid?" Maya laughs again, nodding "Come on, we have plans to make!" she declares, marching to the studio. Brendon groans "I'm getting the locks changed!" Pete rolls his eyes again "You say that every time, yet here we are."

Three weeks later, they're stepping back onto the bus. There's a silent fear between the whole band. Sarah sits with Maya, opposite Brendon, who's sitting next to Zack. Ryan sits with Dallon, Dan's meeting them at the venue. They're all nervous, for the show, and to be back on the bus. But Zack reassures Maya it'll be fine, and Sarah squeezes her hand "We're going to be fine."

"Boston, how are you?" Brendon calls through the microphone. He relaxes back into the show straight away, Maya isn't as lucky. Brendon puts his arm around his daughter "May's a little nervous tonight, but we're gonna have a party, aren't we?"

The show that follows is amazing, the crowd are super supportive, and Maya feels at home soon enough. Sarah watches on proudly, Zack standing near her. Ryan hugs Maya in a short break for Brendon to run to his piano for this is gospel, kissing her forehead "You're doin' great."

"Mom!" Maya launches herself at Sarah, and Sarah smiles, hugging her back "You did amazing!" Maya blushes slightly, letting go of her to find Pete backstage. She jumps on Andy's back, and the tattooed man laughs "Hey! You were great tonight!" Pete snatches her from Andy, who rolls his eyes "Maya, you were brilliant kid." she grins back, hugging Pete "Thanks Pete." Patrick cringes from the corner of the room, and Joe throws an empty pizza box at the back of Pete's head, Andy only shakes his head "Pete you're an asshole sometimes."

a/n: oh my god could i have used a cringier ending 

sorry this is so short ! i totally ran out of anything to do !

i'm also an egg now ! 

also i see tøp on saturday !

hope you guys liked this chapter ! sponsored by exclamation marks feat. soggy ice !

grace x