One.

01. The Party From Hell

I dont know what happened

One minute I was planning on going straight home after my shift but then I let Marcy talk me into to joining her at a boat party. I wanted to say no, but it I knew I refused I would have to listen to her go on about it for the next few weeks.

"Come on Liv, you need a break. Go to the party, it will be fun. What's the worst that can happen?"

"Ugh, fine. You owe me though"

It was a normal boat party, people getting a little to drunk, people dancing, having a good time.Then the next second all hell broke loose.

It was like a scene from a horror movie, everything was normal one second and then suddenly people turned into monsters. They're eyes turned red and everyone hopped on the first person they saw. Biting each other, tearing limbs off each others bodies. If i wasnt there i'd never believed it happened.

I quickly ducked under the nearest table. I was safe from all the crazy people ( not that i could even call them people anymore. They were different. They were inhuman, zombie like creatures), but fire was spreading quickly around the boat. I could feel the heat against my skin and the smoke was making it hard to breathe. I knew i had to get off the boat and fast, the smoke would kill me, that was if i didnt get killed by the zombies first.

I got out from under the table and decided to make a run for it. I ran as fast as i could. I was almost to the edge of the boat when someone grabbed by arm.

Then everything went black.

***

I couldn't breathe. My lungs were full with water and I was trapped in a yellow body bag. I quickly used my finger to unzip the bag and sat up quickly. Once I spit the water out I could finally breathe again, but now I felt pain around most of my body. My arm felt like it was on fire and when I looked down at it I could tell why, there was three cuts on my arm. They started at my elbow and went half way down my arm. The cuts looked like claw marks, they looked like something you would see on an actress in a horror film. I had a major headache. It felt like my brain was pounding against my skull and I was hungry. So hungry. The last time I felt this much hunger was at a party in college after I ate my roommates 'special' brownies. I ate most of the dorm rooms food supplies after that.

I snapped out of my train of thought when i heard the EMT scream. He looked straight at me and then took of running. " That's it. I quit, I'm done," he shouted as he ran down the beach. I didn't blame him for running, I probably would've ran too if i saw me.

How am I alive right now? I didn't have to me a med student to know a human couldnt survive a night in the water. Wait, what if im not a human anymore? No, don't be stupid Liv. There's no such thing as zombies, there can't be. Can there? How else would you explain what happened on the boat last night. I've been around enough psych patients so i know how to pick them out of a crowd and those people on the boat were definitely not human.

What did this mean for me? Am I like them now, am I a zombie?

I pressed my two fingers up to my neck to check for a pulse and found nothing. I then tried my wrist, but still felt nothing. Lastly, I pressed my hand against my chest to feel for a heart beat but again felt nothing.

"Go to the party, it will be fun.Whats the worst that can happen?"
I heard Marcy's voice in my head and laughed.

What's the worst that can happen? Try a zombie outbreak. Followed by a sudden desire to eat brains. I knew that party was gonna blow. On the other hand, how often can you say you've been changed, really changed by a party?

Authors note

Short chapter, next few will be longer and Liv will offically met team arrow Shes not meeting them all for the first time though ;)

Liv has a past with one of the members of the team so look forward to that (possible awkward) reunion.