Episode 1

Her phone has been vibrating from her pocket since she walked out from her last class.  She irritatingly fished it out from her pocket and answered the call. Before she could ever utter a word, the person on the other line started on talking.

"Hello, bhext. Punta ka dito sa Court. Bilis." advised by her no ther than best friend, Riann. Her brows furrowed.

"Ano naman ang ginagawa mo diyan?"

"Basta, bhext. Pumunta ka nalang dito. Bye. I Love You. muahh" then hanged up the call before she could make any response.

She just sighed then shook her head. Though, she was hesitant at first to go there, she still did. Mahirap talaga para sa kanya ang humindi sa kaibigan.

Tahimik lang siyang naglalakad papasok ng court nang biglang...her mouth did an O-shape and her eyes widened as a pair of strong arms wrapped around her body. Para siyang naistatwa lalo na nang maramdaman na mas humigpit pa ang pagkakayakap ng kung sino man sa kanya. Saglit pa siyang napalunok at kinurap kurap ang mga mata.

She suddenly felt something strange. Para siyang kinabahan na ewan.

"Miss, are you alright?" and that's the only time she finally returned to her senses. She immediately stepped out from his hold and composed herself.

"Okay ka lang?" The man asked again. She was only staring at him and before she could answer, he already left.

Jeez!

Napailing nalang siya at ginawa na ang totoong pakay.

"Bhext!!" rinig niyang tawag. Tumingin siya kaliwa pero wala naman doon si Riann. Tumingin siya sa ring side at doon niya nakita ang hinahanap.

"Tara na. Umuwi na tayo" pagyaya niya agad nang makalapit sa kaibigan.

"kararating lang, bhext. Uwi agad?" She glared at Riann who only smiled at her.  Accepting her defeat, she just sat beside her.

"Eh ano ba kasing ginagawa mo dito?" She questioned. Riann flashed a wide splitting grin that wasn't left unnoticed by her. She narrowed her eyes then took a deep breath upon comprehending what her best friend meant.

"Fine. May boyfriend ka dito?" diretso niyang tanong. Napatango nalang si Riann. Huminga siya ng malalim "Baka naman lokohin ka lang niyan." 

"Grabe, bhext. Lokohin agad?"

"Hindi ba? Kapag ganyang mga basketball player, manloloko 'yan."

"Porket basketball player, manloloko agad? Bakit, basketball player ba si Michael?" and that caught her attention. Napatingin siya sa kausap pero hindi na nagsalita pa. In an instant, pain from the past lanced through her.  Palagi namang ganun, marinig niya lang ang pangalan na 'yun, parang isa isang bumabalik ang nakaraan. Sinubukan niya nalang manood ng laban kahit na wala siyang interes dito, para lang makalimot kahit sandali.

Riann glanced at her and sighed. Alam niya namang hindi pa rin talaga nakaka-move on si Cassandra from that stupid asshole even though she used to say that she already did. She sighed.

"Move on, bhext. Marami pang iba diyan. Iba, that are more deserving for you." She even said to cheer up her best friend. " 'Yung mushroom na 'yun. Hindi ka bagay sa kanya, bhext. Tao ka, siya kabute." Cassandra cast a glanced at her and they just both gave each other a weak smile.

Few more minutes, the game was done. Cassandra was thinking na uuwi na sila pero hindi pa pala. At some point, medyo nakalimutan niya rin agad ang mga bagay na naalala niya kanina lang. Naiwan lang siyang nakaupo because that best friend of her is now doing her job as a girlfriend. She just shook her head then took a deep breath again after glancing at Riann.

To busy herself, she just picked up her notes. She was reading it when she noticed a man sat beside her. She was planning to ignore him but then noticed again that he's peering at her. 

"Ang sipag mo naman." He even said. She didn't answer. "Mike Sevilla" he said again. She looked at him and saw his hand stretching to her. For some seconds, she was stunned as if remembering his face.

'Siya 'yung kanina.' she said at the back of her mind. He's the same guy she met lately. Pero agad ring nagbago ang tingin niya as he noticed his arrogant smile. Tiningnan niya lang ito at tsaka binalik ang mga mata sa binabasa.

"So you are Cassandra Marie Fernandez." He read on the name written on her I.D. She immediately hide it away. Mike laughed. "Cassandra Marie. A beautiful name for a beautiful lady." She's just frowning.

"Do you want to have some snack with me?" He still continued and she's getting more annoyed.

"No. Thanks." She answered just to shut him up. 

"Are you sure?"

"100% sure." She said, firmly.

"Fine. Maybe, next time." And he winked at her. She hissed and before total annoyance consumed her day, tumayo na siya at lumapit sa best friend niya. Agad rin naman itong tumayo at nagpaalam sa boyfriend nito.

"Nag-text ako sayo, bhext. Hindi mo na-received?" tanong ni Riann. Naglalakad na sila palabas ng court.

"Wala akong load." walang gana niyang sagot.

"College na tayo, wala ka pa ring load. Ano pang silbi ng cellphone mo?"

"Wala naman kasi akong paggamitan. Sayang lang."

"Mag boyfriend ka na kasi, para hindi na masayang ang load." sabay ngiti ng pagkalapad lapad sa kanya. Tiningnan niya lang ito saglit.

"I can sense, bhext. Nasa apat na sulok lang court na 'to si Mr. Right." dagdag pa nito na hindi niya nalang pinansin.

******************************************

Read. Vote. Comment. Share.Follow.

STAN SB19

PrettyLonelyPrincess