《Chapter 1 》

Throughout anyone's life, crucial decisions have to be made. Whether you like it or not, these decisions will change your life for the better or the worse.

I was not expecting it when dad came early from work and requested me to have a seat beside him because he wanted to have a word with me. My dad wasn't the serious type. He was more straightforward and easy to hang around with. I sat down confused as of his serious countenance as he started to speak. I was taken aback when he told me we were leaving Eastwood to move into another town called Nonarkis in a few weeks. It surprised me that he never thought of asking me first.

Weren't we supposed to sit down and discuss all the other options? Or was I just a luggage for him to carry around wherever he pleases? Am I going to see my friends again? Are we leaving forever? What type of 'work' was he talking about?
Millions of questions raced through my mind and there was no use of voicing them out as he told me it was his final decision.

I stood in my bedroom staring at all the packed boxes, I felt mad and angry. Mad because I didn't have a say in this, angry because I won't be able to see my friends again and most importantly, Jasmine, my cousin and best friend since we were both babies. I was told we were born days apart and when we were first put together in one crib, we laced our little hands together in a cute manner that had everyone in awe. We resented each other's company for awhile but then we became inseparable.

Right on cue, our doorbell rings signifying Jasmine's arrival to spend time with me until we leave and drive back home with her car.
I raced down the stairs I called out to my dad "I'll get it" while opening the door. I ushered Jasmine inside our two-story dwelling.

As we entered my room, I was instantly crushed in a tight hug. I was going to object but thought against it knowing it could be our last hug.

"I'm going to miss you, Amiga," She said a few tears staining her rosy cheeks.

"I promise I'll visit, Jas"

"I know you would Just promise me one thing"

"What?"

"Don't ever forget me" by the time she finished her sentence, I was crying. I would never forget her she's my other half she's my oreo to my Mcflurry.

"Never" I wholeheartedly promised more tears falling down both of our cheeks until we got interrupted.

"Are you guys having a moment?" My dad said with a small smile in an attempt to lighten the mood, but no one laughed there were a few small smiles but they didn't reach our ears.

"It's time isn't it?" Jas asked with new tears forming in her bright hazel eyes.

Dad gave her a sad smile and nodded.
She sniffled and turned back to me "I will miss you so fucking much but I swear I will hunt your ass down If you don't call me every day even if you're halfway across the world, got it?"

"Aye aye captain" I replied with a sorrowful smile.

My dad walked closer to us and hugged Jasmine before kissing her forehead and saying, "I'm going to miss you, Kiddo. But remember, you can always come visit us anytime you want to."
She nodded her head and smiled "I'm going to miss you too, uncle."

We descend down the stairs and when we reach the door I am stopped by Jas

"Oh and do me a favour, save a stack of a bunch of junk food at your new place for me will ya?" She asked with a cheerful smile. Damn. Now there she was,  my favourite craziest person in the world.

I chuckled "Sure will, bae"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~