Chapter 18

It was Sunday.  The Marauders had risen early and gathered on Teddy's bed to go over their plans for the day.  Once they had all got comfy, Teddy closed the curtains surrounding his bed, pulled out his wand and put up a silencing charm around the curtains to triple check that no one could over hear them. They didn't want anyone to hear their plans because they walked into the dorm. Not that they would get away with it if they did.
"So whats the plan everyone?" Teddy asked.
Neville went first, "I'll be up on the fifth floor causing havoc and destruction." He grinned manically.
"I'll be under the cloak with Haz, going to Hogsmeade, being absolutely silent!" Orion whooped.
Harry waved his hands in front of him, "no, no, no, nO Orion! Your saYing it wrOng! You have to say it like this, 'I'll be under the cloak, making no noise, pretending I don't exist!'"
The rest of the boys laughed at his impression; nose stuck in the air and back stiffly straight.
"Okay, okay then, I'll be under the cloak, making no noise and pretending i don't exist." Orion said laughing, mimicking Harry's pose.
"Ill be with Orion, under the cloak to Hogsmeade." Harry put in in.

Teddy clapped his hands, "perfect. And I'll be in the school, making sure no one finds out you're missing." He nodded to himself, "and if we're caught?" He asked the boys.
"Plead innocent." They replied together, identical smirks on their faces. This was perfect. Nothing could go wrong.

Harry and Orion went under the cloak and walked down to the one-eyed-witch statue that leads to Hogsmeade.
"Deissendium," Harry whispered and the statue opened up. They quickly shuffled in and jumped when the statue banged shut behind them. Orion shivered, "creepy,"
Harry laughed and punched his shoulder, "come ON Pads, wheres your Gryffindor bravery gone?!"
Orion punched him back, "excuse you, it never left. I'm braver than you anyway."
Harry laughed, "yeah sur- YOU ARE NOT!"
"I AM!"
"Not!"
"Are so."
"Are not!"
"Are so,"
"Are not,"
"I AM SO MUCH, er, what were we talking about again?" Orion asked, scratching the back of his head.
Harry grinned and shrugged, "who knows.  Your not though."
"I am."
"You aren't but we're here."

They paused at the door.  Taking a deep breath, they turned to each other, grinned, then threw the cloak over them. Orion reached up, taller than Harry, and pushed the door open and they climbed out, into Honeydukes.

Teddy and Neville watched as Harry and Orion threw the cloak over themselves and disappear. They watched the dorm door open and the two invisible pranksters creep out, following behind them.  They reached the common room  safely, no one suspecting a thing.  They reached the portrait and Teddy opened it when they heard a shout from inside. 
"Yo, Neville!"
Neville froze for a second then relaxed when he recognised the voice.  It was Dean Thomas. 
"Hey Dean!" He replied, "what's up?"
Dean waved him over with his hands, "do you want to play chess with me and Seamus? It's amazing wizard chess! The pieces move! Totally awesome!"
Neville laughed, "I know Dean, I was brought up with wizards you know.  Anyway I'm really sorry but me and Ted are going to go study. Maybe later?"
Dean nodded and went back to his game, whooping enthusiastically when his knight crushed Seamus's.

Teddy grinned internally.  This was perfect.  With Neville speaking to Dean,  Harry and Orion had enough time to leave the common room as he held the door open. Absolutely nothing could go wrong now. 

Teddy and Neville made their way down out of the common room towards the library.  Of course, on the way down they just had to stumble into the person they least wanted to see. Professor Mcgonagal. 
"Good morning boys." She said primly. Teddy beamed one of his most innocent faces at her. Now Teddy's innocent face was in no way, shape or form like the other Marauders. Nope, Edward Lupins innocent face was one a million. Using his metamorph ability, he could make you think that absolutely nothing was wrong. Never too much puppy eyes or bright smile.
Of course Mcgonagal didn't suspect a thing. Teddy was quite proud of that actually. 
"Good morning Professor." Teddy said, "how are you today?"
The tips of Mcgonagals mouth twitched upwards.  He reminded her of Remus, bless his soul. Studious, polite, calm Remus.  Teddy nearly snorted. She of all people should know that he's nothing like his father.
"I'm very well Mr Lupin." She replied. "Where are you off to today? And, if I may, pray tell where Mr Black and Mr Potter are.  Not making mischief i hope."
"Oh no Professor. Harry and Orion are having a long lie in today. Me and Nev thought we'd go do some studying." Teddy said, Neville nodding beside him.
"Very well, I'll let you get on with it." She said and left down the corridor.

Teddy and Neville carried on walking down to the library.
"You'd think that by now she would know that I'm not likr my dad.  At all." Teddy laughed.
"I know! I would even say your worse than Har and Orion! Don't tell them i said that though they'd have my head!" Neville exclaimed as they entered the library. Madam Pince glared at him and they shut up, hurrying over to a table at the back, out of sight of everyone and covered in dust.
"Yuck." Neville coughed, casting a cleaning charm over the table and chairs. Teddy looked at him in surprise.
"Where did you learn that?" He asked, "I'm sure we haven't learned it yet."
Neville grinned sheepishly, "Well when living with my grandma you learn a thing or two. I never cast it myself obviously until i got my wand because the ministry can only tell that magic was done in the house not the age of the castor because of the wards on the house. Mum had to cast it like a million times every time we came in from the greenhouse or when me and Dad came in from quidditch. I learnt how to do it a couple of days after getting my wand."
"Impressive." Teddy said, "isn't that a third year spell?!"
Neville shrugged, "might be."
"Grabbing the book on animagi, Teddy sat down at the, now clean, table. "My first spell with my wand was accio. That one is a necessity when you live with pranksters."
Neville smirked, "and clumsy people."
Teddy blushed, "and clumsy people."
They laughed and the conversation changed to animagi and how they would become one.

Harry and Orion climbed out through the door and into Honeydukes. They appeared in the back room. It was filled with boxes upon boxes of the best sweets money could buy. 
"Come on, we don't have much time." Harry said and pulled Orions robe, leading him towards the door.  That was until it swung open and a group of people clambered in.
"-is where we used to come out to get pranking stuff for out pranks!"
Harry and Orion froze. They recognised that voice. Very well.
"And chocolate." And that one.
The first man laughed, "yes Moony, and chocolate."
"So that's how you always had stuff! I never knew how you always had some. It baffled me really. I was always jealous of your chocolate stash Remmy."  Now that was a voice the really didn't want to hear.

Harry and Orion looked at each other and said at the same time, under their breath, "ah shoot."