1

"When will we going to tell them Cris? We seeing each other secretly for two months, and.. and I'm already tired of hiding." I said to him as I start a conversation.

Two months ago, I came to know that He is my mate. I'm only 16, but I already know my mate which is actually unusual. I don't really know why and it supposed to be on my 18th birthday. But it does, and one more thing, his 18 maybe that's why. But I can't help myself but to think about it from time to time.

I don't know my real parents are, so I have no one to ask about those things. They say, my adopted parents, they just saw me on the forest. Crying, laying down under the shade of a big tree. And not far away, they saw another body, dead body of a woman and they believe it's my mother.

"Ah, I-i just want, just two us first, you and I, cause if they know, we- I, I will be busy." He reason out, his actually struggling in reasoning to me, and I know it's not true. I already know he's my mate but I can't shift yet and I'm turning 17 next month, and maybe that's another thing that's why his hesitant.

"But..." I didn't finish what I'm supposed to say because someone cuts me off.

"So, this is where you're busy ha? You want her over me? Baby?" Trina said, girlfriend of Cris Brook. And Cris Brook is my mate.

"What... No, it's just.." Cris already don't know what to say, and his nervous based on his tone.

"And you?" And she turns her gaze on me. "What are you to him? Don't tell me your Cris mate?" She said with her sarcastic tone and then she look back on Cris. "So Cris? Is she your mate?"

"No... No..." With those two letters word came from his mouth, broke my heart. Now, I fully understand why he doesn't want to tell everyone about us, his ashamed being with me. I look at him, and I see nothing in his eyes.

"So bitch." Trina said and pulls my hair that makes me groan because of the pain. "Leave!!!" And then she slapped me.

I look at him asking for his help, but I don't see any emotions even a little pity on his face. It's like he never care even someone hurt me in front of him. I'm hurt and afraid now, especially his friends came too.

"Ow, Jessica is just here guys." One of them said and his always the one who beat me. Only beating but thanks God they never tried to rape me but I think not until today. I saw lust in his eyes as he looked at me. "You look beautiful today. Can I have a piece of you?" And he walked near me.

I walk backward, I'm really afraid. One last time, I look at Cris for help, and her facial expressions never change. I am crying now. It's hurt, not only in physical but also emotionally. Like my heart crash into pieces.

Let's go. Let's get out of this hell. I don't want him anymore for us. It's the first time my wolf talks to me. But I still want to give Cris another chance.

"Cris?" I called his name for help but it hurts me more of what he said next.

"Do whatever you want to do to her, I don't care." And my tears fall down from my eyes and my cry vibrates in the woods.

Even my vision is blurry, I see Luis smirk mischievously. He is the one who talk earlier. He pin me to the trunk of a tree. His other friends don't do anything and just watching on us also wearing the same smirk on their faces. While Cris still don't show any emotion. I don't know what to do. I'm a lowest rank of the pack because my adopted parents are also one.

Let me take over. We need to survive. My wolf said. Okay. And as I say my response, she took over.

She push Luis with all her might that make him fly to the nearest tree, I think he bump his head that lead him to be unconscious. They are all shock base on their faces, even I myself too. But she composes ourselves and talk to Cris.

"I Jessica Light, Omega of Dark Moon Pack. Rejecting you Cris Brook, the soon Alpha of the pack." My wolf said. I don't have any strength left so she's the one who tell those words. She's strong than me and remains strong for both of us.

Cris can't believe what I say when I see her expression change, and I also see pain but not so sure. "I accept your rejection." And he sigh after he said those words.

After he said those words. I run away, away from the pack. Away from them all. Away from the family who also abused me.

"Run after her. Don't let her escape." I hear Luis say that is already gained his consciousness. And I hear their footsteps following me. I know they are older than me and can already shift, I run much faster before they catch me.

I just run and run non-stop. Even I can already feel the pain on my feet, legs, I still continue to run because I still hear them following me. They really never want to let me go.

I know I'm already near to the main road, and I just pray there is car passing by in this hour. I'm tired, but I won't give up. I just can't.

In no time, I reach the road. I'm looking on my left absentmindedly and I just back to myself when I hear the loud horn of the vehicle approaching me.

"Ahhhh." I let put a scream cause of nervousness. The bumper of the car hit my legs and knees. My legs can't support my weight anymore so I fall down on the road.

"Help!" I manage to say before sleep took over me.

"She's a werewolf. Shit! Put her inside the car." Someone says and it's a voice of a woman. And then someone carry me.

And in the arm of the unknown who carry me, I fell asleep.