Another Day

Josh ran outside. He was deeply, deeply terrified; before heading out he had a quick glimpse at Robert, soon realizing that he aswell was deeply frightened. As he arrived at the ajar front door, he already saw a small mass of people gathering around the scene. He elbowed himself through, soon enough stopping by; he gasped, seeing Tyler lay on the ground with blood streaming from his head and nose. Tears formed in Josh's eyes as he turned around to yell at Robert: "Robert! Robert, call an ambulance for Tyler! Please"

Flashing blue lights, people rumoring. What happened to the kid? He was such a cheerful boy. Will he die? Do you think he will be fine? Josh was standing next to Tyler, who was laying on a strecher, uncontious. Robert already had headed to the hospital by car, also going to care for his wife; Tyler would be transported right over there. Josh held Tyler's hand softly as the ambulance went off with sirens, leaving the scene behind as police excorted the shocked driver.

___________________

Josh was sitting next to Robert, whom was softly speaking to his wife. She had just awoken and smiled at him gently; they were hand holding and Robert tried his best to hide his racing heart and sweaty palms from her. Josh just stared down at his hands, feeling bad for what had happened; if they wouldn't have talked about it Tyler wouldn't have gotten hurt. Some tears dropped down onto his hands as he nervously bit his lip.

Suddenly, the door flung open and some doctors came in; Josh was too sad to actually focus on what was happening. Tyler's grandmother looked up a little curiously as they heaved someone into the bed next to her. "He's in a coma, unsure when he will wake up. He had a brain traumata before, causing multiple types of amnesia-" The nurse informed the doctor. "He was just operated, he's stable now." "What was his name again?" "Tyler Robert Joseph."

At the mention of the name, all six eyes locked onto the bed where a small figure was covered by his sheets. Long lashes over cheeks, the face making it seem like he was having a nice dreamer's sleep. "Nancy-" Robert started, but she just furrowed her eyebrows. "Oh no, what happened Robert?" She laid back, looking a little sad. "He just had another accident..." She smiled weakly as her eyes moved over to Josh. "And you are...?" "H-his boyfriend."

Nancy didn't seem to judge, instead she flashed him a gentle smile. "Listen, if you take care of him as well as Robert did take care of me he will be well really soon..." Josh watched the doctors leave and moved his chair a little close to Tyler's bed. The quiet noises made by the ICU made Josh a little nervous, but he gently took Tyler's hand and squeezed it. In the background, the old couple was talking about what had happened in the few months, Nancy laughing a few times as Robert told her what her grandchildren were doing.

___________________

"Miss Dun, hello." Tyler's mom spoke up standing in front of the room. Josh's mother gave her a quick smile and then a worried look. "How is he?" She questionned gently. "Oh Laura... well, he's... still... well I like to think that he's just sleeping." Laura gave her a worried smile. "It will be okay Kelly. You're mother-in-law got back aswell, didn't she?" Kelly nodded. "However, you must be worried for your child too as he refuses to leave Tyler's side." Laura just smiled, laying down some book on a chair. "I'm, in fact, not worried. He's a good and responsible kid. He'll try his best to get Tyler back into our world."

_______________________

Josh yawned. Two weeks had passed by now and he had refused to leave Tyler's side. His mother brought him books, Oreos, drinks, anything he could wish for, yet he barely ate anything at all. He stayed up as much as he could watching over Tyler after Nancy had left with her Husband; occasionally, family members and other school friends were to visit. Josh's haircolor had faided a little and his eyes were dark circled, but he didn't even mind.

He'd read his books to Tyler, sometimes sing for him; sometimes, he would just hold his hand and tell him about what they could do when he came back, and sometimes he would just fall asleep next to him. The nurses felt bad for him and would let him stay as much as they could let him. Josh's lips were chewed while he watched Tyler's lifelessly pale face.

He looked over at Tyler and noticed something. His eyebrows were furrowing, he was trying to open his eyes. Josh blinked, wondering if he was hallucinating; he blamed it on the lack of sleep he had gotten the past few days. But he soon realized it wasn't as Tyler's brown eyes gazed over at his, his breathing slow but steady. Josh's eyes widened as he mumbled some inaudible words out before he could finally find his voice, cracked from dehydration.
"T-tyler?" he whispered out roughly, getting a soft smile from the other. "Yes, Joshie?" he replied, squeezing Josh's hand tightly. "Tyler!" Tyer chuckled softly, tilting his head at Josh. "I heard you the first time, lovely." Josh smiled, then started laughing as he teared up once more. He got up, hugging Tyler softly, crying onto his shoulder. "Aww no, dear! You shouldn't cry, I'm awake not dead!" Josh sobbed softly, trembling terribly.

"Tyler! Tyler! You're awake... you're back!" Josh kept repeating, and Tyler finally hugged him back softly, gently rubbing his back. "Thanks to you. I could've went into that light, but everytime I turned around, I heard you call for me, tell me stories, sing to me, telling me you loved me." Josh weeped once more, causing Tyler to rub his back a little more.
"Hey Joshie, could you please call me a nurse? I don't feel too well. All those memories... They came back..."

Josh got off Tyler, frowning. Tyler's eyes were filled with tears now as he looked at his wrists; gentle scars were all over them. "I tried to end my life so many times, Josh, so many times... Isn't it ironic how I clung to it in the end? Because I found something... no, someone worth living for." Josh pressed the button, calling a nurse. He softly squeezed Tyler's hand. "Stay alive for me..." Tyler nodded, smiling, before passing out once more, dead tired from the little amount of time he had been awake.

Hours later, his family was informed that he was well awake but still very weak. Josh still didn't go home: however, he got some rest in a bed and some warm meals. In the following days, Tyler would sleep a lot; but every second he was awake he'd spend with Josh, joking, laughing, sometimes being showered in gentle kisses. After two weeks, he was transposed into a wheelchair; he was too weak to walk, however strong enough to go home.

Tyler would be staying at his grandfather's as he wanted to persue his school in the same college he had been in. Josh would stay over for days caring about Tyler, sometimes even staying over night. They'd snuggle up together, tucked beneath blankets, warm and comfortable together.

"Joshie?" Tyler whispered out weakly, his face leaned against the actually shorter one's chest. "Yes, Ty?" Tyler scooted up, pressing a deep kiss against Josh's lips which was soon enough of return. "You're my everything! I love you with all my heart, soul, body, mind; with everything I own and call mine!" Josh chuckled, his hand running through Tyler's soft locks. Their eyes soon locked and they both started blushing. "Will you stay with me until the end of time, Joshua William Dun?" "I will stay with you until eternity ends, Tyler Robert Joseph."