If You Were a Vegetable You'd Be a Cute-Cumber

(Yes, I know,  i'm doing cheesy pick up lines as titles now) XD

Sans hummed as he walked beside Papyrus, hand in hand. They were off to their stations as usual. And Papyrus was later going to train with Undyne. In fact, he hasn't trained with her for a whole two weeks now.

"so uh Paps," he said, glanced at their feet. Papyrus looked down at him expectantly with a beaming smile. Sans tried not to melt right then and there.

"i never got to ask but how was the date with the kid?" he asked, looking back up at Papyrus. His smile faltered a bit. But only a bit. 

"OH!!" Papyrus let go of Sans's hand, much to Sans's disappoint, and shook his hands in the air.

cute

"MY FIRST DATE WAS ACTUALLY VERY GOOD!" he said, smiling brightly down at Sans. They passed a long broken down puzzle and entered thee woods, giving everything a dimmer glow. Papyrus took Sans's hand again and looked ahead.

"I GOT TO USE MY OLD DATING RULE BOOK I GOT A FEW MONTHS AGO"

"oh? that's cool" Sans said, gazing at their locked hands. Papyrus stumbled as he tripped on a rock but managed to get himself together.

"WE HAD A LOT OF FUN,"  Papyrus said. But he looked at the ground guiltily and scratched his head with his free hand.

"BUT I HAD TO TELL THE HUMAN I DID NOT LIKE THEM THAT WAY." Sans felt his soul leap. 

"w-wait, really??"

"I STILL LIKE THEM!!!" Papyrus defended.

"JUST PLATONICALLY." He looked sad and guilty, but mixed together.

smuilty  

Sans squeezed his brother's hand reassuringly. Papyrus looked at Sans and gave him a soft smile.

"i'm sure they'll get over it" he said, giving his brother a reassuring grin as well.

"OH! SPEAKING OF WHICH" Papyrus said, forgetting about the date.

"THE HUMAN CALLED TODAY AND SAID THAT THEY WERE IN HOTLAND!!" He exclaimed. Sans grunted as they passed a fairly big-sized boulder. 

"heh, maybe they'll finally meet Mettaton." he said, winking.

 Papyrus gasped and put an extra hand to his face.

"THAT'S RIGHT!!!" WE'LL HAVE TO STAY UP TO WATCH THE EPISODE!" He exclaimed. Sans just laughed and nodded.

They fell silent at they arrived at their sentry station. Papyrus said goodbye to Sans with a warm hug, to which Sans returned, and headed to train with Undyne. 

Sans sighed as he watched his younger brother walk away. He admired his brother's physique as he trudged along. Smiling to himself, Sans looked at the door to the ruin's. He decided to skip his visit with the lady. Instead, he shifted comfortably then drifted to a light doze.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sans groggily opened his eyes as he saw a void of darkness around him. He gasped as a cool breeze ruffled his clothes. Looking around, all Sans could see was shadows surrounding his floating body.

"uh....hello?" Sans called. He could have sworn he was high right about now.

But nobody came

Wait. Sans didn't say that. Let alone in his head.

"who's there!" he yelled.

It doesn't matter who is here, and who is not