Chapter 17

" Albus! James!" Both of Albus' parents rushed forward and pulled them into a hug. When they broke apart, Ginny grabbed a newspaper from a muggle driveway and wacked James in the head with it.

"WHAT IN MERLIN'S BEARD WERE YOU THINKING??!!?? YOU COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED! YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN YOUR BROTHER KILLED!"

"Mom, she was killing Albus." Ginny's expression melted, and she pulled in Albus.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, honestly mom I'm fine. She didn't do anything much."

"Didn't do anything much?!?" James cried. "She used Crucio on you like, seven times!" Albus shot a glare at James that told him he was not helping his case.

"Crucio?!?" Ginny cried and pulled Albus in for a tight hug. "Don't ever do something like that again!"

"No promises, mom," Albus said. Ginny sighed as she looked at his face.

"I know," she admitted. "You are your father's son." She looked up at Scorpius, who was still cradling Rose.

"What happened to her? Is she all right?"

"She's breathing," Scorpius assured her. "The only thing we got out of her before she passed out was that Delphi used Crucio on her too. Unfortunately I think she used it a lot more on her than on Albus, and that's saying something." Ginny frowned.

"We'll need to get her to St.Mungos." She turned and shooed her kids to their dad so they could apparate to Hogwarts where the other adults were awaiting news. As the rest of her family disappeared she turned back around. "And Scorpius?"

"Yes Mrs. Potter?"

"Thanks for being such a great friend to my son." she smiled warmly.

"Albus has been a great friend to me," was his only response.

"Rose!" Mrs. Granger-Weasley ran forward and looked at her daughter. Her husband was there instantly and took Rose from Scorpius.

"What happened?" he demanded.

"Delphi used Crucio on her," Scorpius explained.

Lily rushed to Albus and jumped into his arms, which was not something Albus was used to.

"You were lying to me, weren't you?" she asked finally. Albus thought about how to respond.

"Just a little," he decided.