"I'd Still Dance With You"

The room was dark and when he noticed something furry on the bed next to her, he grabbed for his gun.

"What a hell is that!" He murmured to himself.

The fox raised her head and pierce him with her bright eyes, bristling when Jasper stepped closer to the bed.

"So you got a new body guard I see!" He murmured again.

For precaution and mostly because he didn't want to awake her, he stayed where he was. She turned around in her sleep and he finally saw her face. God he had missed her!

He felt his heart race when he finally put his eyes on her. She was so damn beautiful.

With his gun back in his holster, he moved a chair to face the bed and sat, trying to control the urge to lay himself next to her. He had missed her so much and the days that he spent without seeing her face were for sure the worst days that he had in years. As much as he kept telling himself that he was not good enough for her, he could not her get her words out of his head.

"You're perfect for me!" She had said.

Those words gave him life in so many ways, gave him a strength that he didn't know he had. And knowing that she was so invested in him, that she really believed that he was perfect for her gave him the courage to put his plan in action. This was something from Jasper 2.0 like Mr. Hill liked to label him. Jasper 1.0 at this time, probably would be in some filthy joint on the dark side of London hiding from what really mattered and trying to lay low, back to his old habits.

But he had changed. He was not that guy anymore, Eleanor made him change and fight and run after what really mattered. And if he had played his cards right, this mess would be over soon and he would be able to kiss the amazing woman that was laying on that princess bed pretty soon.

Eleanor started to move around more in the bed so he decided to leave. He really wasn't ready to be caught there by her, watching her sleep like he did most nights that they spend together. He really loved to watch her sleep but now wasn't a good time to discuss how wrong that may sound.

He got up and the fox raised her head again. "What? I'm leaving ok!" He said, thinking how crazy he must be if he was really talking to a fox.

He turned around and left slowly, closing the door gently behind him to make no noise, releasing a sigh of frustration.

Eleanor raised quickly form the bed asking. "Who's there?" Looking around in the dark room, she realized it was just her and the fox. "Did you see someone here foxy?" She asked the furry animal who answered her with a tilting of her head to the side and a sharp stare.

"Well I think this is it for me, I hit rock bottom. I'm talking to a fox and I'm not even slightly high!" She said, shaking her head and sinking back into bed again.

The next morning, seated by her dressing table, she heard a light knock on the door.

"Yes'" She called softly.

"Excuse me your highness!" Mr. Hill said, peaking in the door. "May I come in?"

Eleanor smiled at her head of security. "Of course Mr. Hill, you're always welcome here."

James opened the door to enter the room and closed it behind him really fast. "I don't have much time your highness but I just wanted to inform you that Mr. Frost is back to his duties."

Eleanor opened and closed her mouth but she didn't say a word, just nodded and went back to her task of brushing her hair.

James turned his back on her preparing himself to leave. "Have a good day, your highness!"

Eleanor looked at herself in the mirror and then looked at the box where she kept all of Jasper's letters. "Thank you James!" She said, caressing the box. She couldn't face him because a small tear was tracing a path down her face and was ruining her make up.

James nodded and closed the door behind him, leaving Eleanor alone with her tears, her letters and her demons.

When she finally decided to leave the room her new and clumsy bodyguard was waiting for her at the door. " Morning Rose!"

"Good Morning your highness" Rose said, getting up really fast and ready to follow her princess.

"Did you see Jasper yet?" Eleanor asked.

"Who your highness?" Rose didn't really know who she was talking about.

Eleanor sighed and started walking with Rose on her tail. As she suspected, it was not hard to find Jasper.

"I want to talk to you" She said to him.

Jasper noticed the sore tone in her voice, his heart sped up at hearing her voice. He drew breath slowly to calm himself down and then turned around to face her. But he was not really ready to see how broken she was. Her eyes where saying so much. He felt an urge to hug her and kiss her and tell her he was so so sorry but he could not do that, not there and not just like that and she probably would slap him anyway.

He tried to figured out something to say but the only thing that came to his mind was how sorry he was for hurting her like that.

"Not here!" He said without facing her.

"So where Jasper?" She was angry now.

"Mister Hill's office. I will be there in ten, I just have to finish..." He didn't need to finish his sentence because she had already turned around and walked away from him.

He got to Mister Hill's office to find Sarah Alice spinning around the room to the sound of some song that he had heard recently on the radio.

"Hi Mister Caterpillar!" Sarah Alice greeted him, making Jasper smile.

"What are you listening to little lady" He asked, smiling. This girl was always so sweet and managed to always make him smile.

"This Town from Niall something, at least that's what daddy said, it's beautiful isn't it? It's about a boy and the girl he loves but he lets her go, but he still loves her so he goes after her and tells her that he still wants her." She explained in her childish tone while still spinning and dancing. She stopped just to watch Eleanor enter the room. Sarah Alice looked between Jasper and Eleanor's faces, they were just staring at each others so seriously.

"Ok I'm leaving!" Sarah Alice said sadly and left the room spinning again.

They didn't even comment to her, their gaze was so fixed on each other that they had a hard time to start a conversation! The music was still playing. Apparently Sarah had left the song on repeat.

"Where were you?" She asked so low that he almost didn't heard her.

Looking away he said roughly, "I had some things to take care!"

She was not happy with his answer but she really didn't know what to say. Looking around she noticed the music was on. "I'd still, you know."

Jasper's face looked puzzled but when he spoke his tone was hard. "Still what?"

"If all the world was watching I'd still dance with you," Eleanor said.

He wanted to hug her and feel her close to him again so bad. "Like the song?" He asked, pointing to the desk.

She nodded. "Yes, like the song. You are worth it Jasper."

Her eyes welled up with tears that eventually started to fall when he finally reach for her hand and pulled her closer to him.

"I love you Eleanor! I just wanted to protect you!"

She could not say a word, the tears too overwhelming, so she just hugged him tighter.