The Comeback

Eleanor was just contemplating the view. The new house was really amazing, probably even more beautiful than the last one. She daydreamed about living there far from the palace and from all the spotlights that unveiled every second of her life. She missed her family and friends and one in particular but she really felt comfortable with Sebastian and with all the craziness that was their days. The contractors, the sellers, the choosing, the colours. She had never made so many choices in such a short period of time but she was loving every minute of it.

A ring interrupted her thoughts forcing her to look for her phone that was somewhere lost in the middle of new fabric samples. When she finally found it the caller had already hung up. She tried to see who it was but the battery died.

The day continued with her running from fabric samples to tile decisions and she totally forgot about the phone call. Around dinner time she went to look for her phone, that she had left charging in her bedroom and saw that she had two more missed calls. All from her brother Liam.

With a deep breath, she called him back.

"Liam I'm sorry, but today was a very busy day!" She said as soon as she heard a mumble from the other side.

"It's ok Len I... Well I wanted to talk to you... because ... well..."

"Liam spit it out, you're rambling!" She demanded, starting to feel an uncomfortable chill in her stomach.

"Robert fired Jasper!" He informed her making her sit back trying to stay focused.

"Why? What did he do?"

"Well I will not tell him that you have him in so much higher consideration but he actually didn't do anything besides watch my back when I went to my fights. Robert accused him of treason because he allowed someone to beat the prince while he stood and did nothing."

"But that's crazy! You do that to yourself, Jasper just goes with you to make sure that you survive and to help you bring your crazy ass home!" She justified, pissed already walking around the room nervously.

"Exactly and I tried to reason with him, explaining exactly that, but Robert is not Robert anymore, as he so not kindly reminded me, he is the King now and he can't allow this kind of behavior from one of his security. I think you should come here, Len. If Jasper is accused of treason he will not find a job again."

Liam sounded desperate and Eleanor sat at the edge of a chair staring at the window and trying to clear her head. She was not ready to face Jasper yet. She missed him like hell and she had decided that as he asked her, she would not leave them behind, but she really needed this time to try to forgive him. To try to understand why even now that they had such a good, comfortable and friendly relationship he ended up to turning his back on her and went behind her back to try to solve unsolvable problems.

"I don't know if I can leave this right away Liam!" Her voice was rough and she felt a pain in her chest because she wanted to solve this problem.

"Len, Robert is out of control!" Liam informed her. "Try to come please, Jasper has orders to leave the palace tomorrow!"

She did the math mentally, they were in the north of England right now and if Sebastian allowed her to use his plane she would be home in a couple of hours. And suddenly she was breathless. She felt a chill taking over her again, not a worried one like when she saw Liam's missed calls. This time she felt nervous because if she went back home, she would meet Jasper again, and she wasn't ready to face him, as she wasn't ready to not kiss him, not hug him and not feel his gentle and sweet touch on her. She wasn't sure she would be able to resist all the love and regret that his eyes carried the last time they spoke, and mostly she didn't know if she would be able to confess that she didn't leave them behind and that he was on her mind every single day and night that they had been apart.