Chapter I - Waking up

I dedicate this first chapter to  @glugirl01 for being the first one to comment and vote on this story! Thank you so much! :)

Chapter I

I could feel it ending and I welcomed it whole heartedly for I wanted the pain to cease. I could feel the floor underneath me filled with my own blood & sweat, I could hear the crack of every bone in my body breaking, I could hear the laughter of the people finishing the life out of me. I wanted everything to end but it seems that the odds weren't with me because what should have been seconds felt like hours. The last thing I remembered was something hitting my head, hard then I was knocked out, unconcious.

Three weeks later ~~

I felt numb all the way to my toes, I couldn't feel anything except a hand holding mine. Instead of a rock hard ground I was lying on it felt like I was lying on a bed. Scratch that, I think I'm lying on my death bed but I could still hear and feel everything around me. I fluttered my eyes open & I looked to my side to the sounds there I saw a girl with brown hair leant over my arm, I couln't see her face so I squeezed my hand that she held & her head bolted up. Then I took her in, her eyes were puffy & red because of all the crying but behind that she has brown ones. Her face was not as perfect but she was beautiful with prominent cheekbones, her lower lip jutting out a bit, her smooth fair skin and her eyebrows scrunched up maybe because of worrying. Her face glowed when she smiled at me then she threw herself at me with a big hug. I would've hugged her back if my arms weren't hurting so much & that hug made every pain in my body ache more than before. I couldn't stop the groan of pain that escaped my lips.

"Oh, God. I'm so sorry. Are you okay? Should I call a nurse? What can I do?" she rambled on in a panicked voice. Her voice was hoarse. I panicked when she moved away from me & even though every move I make needs a lot of effort, I pulled her back to me needing assurance that she wouln't leave me, horrified that I might be left alone.

"Don't go" I muttered, knowing my voice couldn't take too much. "It's okay. I'm okay. But I have to ask, who are you? Who am I?" I croaked out.

She looked confused at first then she suddenly slumped down on the seat beside the bed & cried. I tried to sit up but my body felt as heavy as a truck load of sand; I couldn't do it. So I tried through comforting words.

"Shh.. It's okay. It's okay. Whatever it is." I cooed to her.

She chuckled quietly from the statement because honestly I don't really know what's going on."Y-you really d-don't r-remember what hap-pened? Y-you don't know w-who I am? A-at all?" she sobbed.

Should I? I thought to myself. I really didn't know who she is or how I got here, all I know is that she was here the moment I woke up. Though I can glimpse some things like a dark shadow & a little girl but nothing too specific to tell me who they are. They were shadows I couldn't decipher anything..

A sob pulled me out of my reverie, I didn't know what to tell her so I just continued to comfort her. I pulled her to the bed & hugged her, I know this is selfish but she was here & I needed someone to be with me & she didn't seem to mind either. After a couple more minutes her breathing got lower & steadier letting me know that she fell asleep. This gave me time to think.

Why am I here? Who is this girl? What happened to me? And, what's my name? Questions, more questions were swirling in my head. Until I felt my eyes getting heavier, the last image I saw was a little girl with dark, brown hair..

(HIS DREAM)

I heard an ear-piercing scream to my right making me shudder at the sound of it then I dashed to that side of the alley. What I saw made my eyes bulge out of their sockets, a man was holding my little sister in a tight headlock with a knife on her throat. She was panting & struggling from his hold trying to kick her way out. When she saw me her eyes grew wide & screamed my name.

"Erik!"

Making me run  towards her but it was too late, the man stabbed her from the back making her stumble forward. My heart fell when I caught her & she was the only sibling I had left. Now she's gone, she hasn't even started life yet and.. I cried like I never cried before remembering the happy times, just to get away from reality. A laugh filled with such hate reminded me of my situation, I looked at the man towering over us my blood boiling with rage tempting me to attack & kill but I had to think about my little sister first. So I settled for remembering every inch of his being. He had a shaggy, auburn hair & dark murderous eyes, I took everything in starting from his head to his feet just making my rage increase. I was about to get up but as if reading my mind he hit me with the hilt of his knife then I blacked out.

 (END OF HIS DREAM)

I woke up with a start. Sweating bullets from such a horrible dream. I couldn't believe I let my sister die like that I'm so stupid why didn't I think first? I didn't realize I was crying until the girl wiped away a tear on my cheek. I didn't notice she was there until now.

"You were screaming & struggling in your sleep. A nurse came in & gave you a sedative but you still wouldn't stop mumbling your sister's name. I-I didn't know what to do." she whispered, her voice filled with worry & her face was etched with concern. She looked like she'd been awake for a long time.

"How long have I been screaming?" I croaked. I didn't recognize my own voice .

"For about 5 minutes before the nurse came in. What were you dreaming about? Is it Katie?" she asked.

Katie? Is that my sister's name? I looked down trying to hide my tears from her.

"Katie? That's my sister's name?" I returned.

"Yea, you were kept on mumbling her name. Is she the one you're dreaming about? Did you dream about what happened.." she trailed off. When I looked her eyes were glazed over, filled with sadness like her daughter was killed. That switched a nub. Could she be my mother?

"Mom?" I whispered.

She looked up with a shocked expression on her face making me smile that she is my mom. "Honey, yes it's me. Oh thank God, you remembered. Oh!" she gushed over & over again until she came over to me & hugged me like I was a new born baby. I hugged her back this time unlike before my muscles aren't protesting that much anymore. 

After a couple more of gushing coming from her. "Mom, what happened to me? Why am I here? Why don't I remember anything?" I questioned her. I had so many questions to ask her but the only thing I really wanted to know was what happened to me. She was about to speak but was stopped by a knock  on the door.

_______________________________________

Heey! 

Uhmm.. So how was it? Good? Needs improvement? Bad? 

Let me know if what you think by commenting. *Scroll down & type on the message box what you think. This is you conscience speaking to you.. Do it.. Do it..* :))

Oh yea, by the way, I'd like a new cover for this story if it's not any trouble for you awesome readers. The chosen cover will be dedicated to this chapter & I will vote for any story you want me to vote for. Thanks guys :)

Take care all :)

-Nicole :DD