Chapter One

Cassiopeia and Leonardo Lestrange were finally going to Hogwarts after years and years of home-schooling with their aunt, Narcissa.

"Have you got everything?" Bellatrix asked as she braided Cassie's hair.

"Yes mum" Leo groaned, rolling his eyes. "You've said that about twenty times now, can we just leave already?"

"Are you that desperate to leave me?" Bella laughed, finishing braiding Cassiopeia's black hair. Bella's daughter looked like a younger version of herself, a little Stephanie Green, but a million times prettier.

"I'm just excited, that's all." Leo grumbled.

Cassie smiled "Well, your in luck, now that my hair's finally finished, we can actually go." And with that they all apparated to king's cross station. On arrival they spotted a confused looking little girl carrying an owl.  Bella walked up to her. "Honey, are you going to Hogwarts?"

"Well, yes. But the problem is,  I can't find platform nine and three quarters. Could you possibly  tell me where I can find it ?" She asked.

"Just follow Cassie and Leo, they'll show you where to go" Bella smiled as she pointed towards her two children. With a happy sigh, she let them walk off on their own. However, she did follow them , but made sure to keep her distance at all times . She glanced up to see the three of them running through the wall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's your name?" Cassie asked.

"I'm Lilah, Lilah Edwards." She said. "I'm a halfblood, but my mum said I had to figure things out   on my own, she didn't come with me, so naturally I got lost."

"Well it's nice to meet you Lilah" Cassie smiled. "I'm Cassie, and this is my brother Leo. We're first years too."

They waved goodbye to Bella, and walked into the train, all three of them sat in a carriage by themselves . "So, what house do you want to be sorted in?" Leo asked.

"I want to be a Slytherin, just like mum." Cassie said. "She's a really powerful witch, I want to be like her."

"I want to be a Slytherin too." Leo said. "Like dad."

"I'm not sure, my mum was a Gryffindor, but I don't think I will be." Lilah said. "Maybe Hufflepuff, they all seem really nice."

 They were interrupted by two boys entering their carriage, who  were practically tripping over each other trying to get inside. One spoke up and muttered "Hey, umm, can we sit here, we were going to sit with our sister but she kicked us out, she said we were annoying her." 

"Yeah, sure. Are you guys  twins?" Cassie asked.

"You bet." The first one said, sitting down in between Cassie and Lilah. "It's great, I wish we were identical though, that would be great, we could prank so many people.  Anyway, what are your names?"

"Cassiopeia Lestrange, but you can call me Cassie, this is my brother Leo, and our new friend Lilah."

"I'm Dylan" He said, his brother still silent. " A Lestrange, huh? I heard your dad died, your brother must be a real sissy for growing up without a dad."

"Hey! Don't talk to him like that!" Cassie said. "Your not very nice, are you?"

"I'm alright, but at least I'm not boring like Andrew over there." he said pointing at his brother. "He's such a drag."

"Hey! I am not a drag!" Andrew said. "I just don't really like insulting people the first time I  ever meet them."

"It's nice to meet you Andrew." Cassie smiled.

"Is it actually nice to meet me?" Dylan piped.

"If you insult my brother like that. Then no, not really"

"I think your pretty, did I tell you that?"

" Trust me, I already knew that."

"How?"

"I'm a clairvoyant, it means I can read minds. So I suggest you stop being an ass, and stick to acting your age. Your eleven, not seventeen, so stop trying to talk up girls. You already tried with your sister's friends, didn't you?" Cassie smirked, grinning in triumph.

Soon, the train ride came to an end, and they took the little boats to Hogwarts. Cassie recognised a few children from some of the prestigious pure-blood families. Bella wasn't so bothered about that stuff anymore, but she did still spend time with the Parkinson family. Penelope Parkinson was particularly awful, so Cassie hadn't seen her in years, however she did recognise her when she saw her sitting with about 5 other boys.

"First years, wait here for your names to be called, then walk up to the stool . You will wait for the hat to sort you, when you are sorted you sit down at your house table, understood?" A professor explained, Cassie didn't recognise her.

"Anderson, Peter." a voice called out, a little brown-haired boy stepped up to the chair. Soon after the hat yelled, "GRYFFINDOR!" he sat down at the Gryffindor table whilst being surrounded with cheers.

There were a few a's and b's, it was really interesting for Cassie, she thought it was amazing that a hat could decide what house you'd be in. "Carrow, Philippa."

A girl walked up to the chair, she had brown hair and dark brown eyes, she was really tiny, Cassie thought she looked really sweet. There were a few people at the Slytherin table cheering for her, she was part of one of the pure-blood families. "RAVENCLAW" The hat shouted, and the girl froze. There were people at the Slytherin table shaking their heads, she saw Ravenclaws whispering to each other.  Cassie felt sorry for her, she could be disowned for this. She ran down to the table in tears.

"Oh no, that's awful." Lilah whispered to Cassie. "Do you think she's okay?"

"No, and I don't think she will be. She's probably terrified." Cassie whispered back.

There were more people being called up, but all the attention was on Philippa Carrow, she was distraught. Before she realised, the professor called "Edwards, Lilah."

"Lilah, that's you." Cassie smiled, the girl awkwardly walked up towards the stool. Soon after the hat was placed atop her head, it called "RAVENCLAW!", she went and sat down next to Philippa in hopes of trying  to calm her down. Cassie now hoped she would be in Ravenclaw, with Lilah, she thought they could have been good friends.

"Cassie, what if we get put in Hufflepuff or something? Do you think mum will be disappointed?" Leo whispered to her nervously as more names were being called out.

"We'll be fine, don't worry." Cassie assured him.

"Do you think we'll be sorted into the same house?" Leo asked.

"Probably." Cassie said. "But I guess there's no guarantee, I'm sure mum will be happy with whatever happens."

"Lestrange, Cassiopeia."

Cassie walked up to the chair, she was nervous, but also excited. The hat was then placed atop her head, she kept thinking, don't disappoint mum, don't disappoint mum. Finally, the hat yelled out "RAVENCLAW!" Cassie was delighted. She sat down besides Lilah, who was still trying to comfort the other girl.

"Hey, I'm Cassie, it's Philippa right?" Cassie asked her sweetly.

"Don't call me that, please, it's ghastly." She said. "It's Pippa, if you don't mind."

Lilah and Cassie both turned around when Leo's name was called out. He looked at Cassie and Lilah, praying to be placed into Ravenclaw with them. The odds were not in his favour, the hat called out, "SLYTHERIN!"

The rest of the sorting went quite quickly, Dylan and Andrew were spilt up as well, Andrew joined Cassie in Ravenclaw, whereas Dylan went into Slytherin. Leo was sitting with a boy called Alec Watson, they seemed to get on quite well. As expected, Penelope went into Slytherin, Cassie was worried that she might be a little mean to Leo, they had never really liked each other. The one thing she would never forget from the sorting was when a girl called Abigail Marais was sorted into Hufflepuff, she walked off singing the song 'Popular' from the musical, Wicked. She even made the Slytherins laugh.

Overall, Cassie was happy. She already had made a friend and it seemed as if  everything was going to be okay. Or so she thought.