Chapter 4

4.

Cecilia answered him, but I couldn't hear exactly what she said. Following the hum of Cecilia's voice, the thundering voice of the Alpha roars, "Where is that human?!" My eyes widened and along with them my throat closed. While I did not breathe, I could feel my heart thundering in my chest. Trough the thumping in my ears and veins, I felt Molly shift against me.

"Are you ok Lee?" She asked. I couldn't breathe and I could not move, but I could feel her doe eyes running all over my face. Her face probably showed signs of the worry that laced her voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine." How I managed to answer is out of my knowledge, but I can feel her head nodding against my side before she settled down again. I couldn't leave the Alpha to Cecilia, so before Molly could get comfortable, I got up.

"I just have to go down for a bit, okay?" I asked in hopes to get her to stay here. I did not want her near any angry Alpha. "Okay, be back soon please," she answered. While she tried to sound confident, I could sense the worry still present in her and knew she had caught on to the negative energy of the moment.

I didn't answer her, not knowing if I could be truthful or not. I know the Alpha isn't here to congratulate me on finally coming forward. My steps were heavy going down the stairs. Would this be my last day here? Would he kick me out? I might be a waste of space, as I have been told many times, but he wouldn't kick me out. Would he? I would not fare well as a rouge.

"WHERE IS SHE!" Just as I hit the second to last step, the Alpha roared out. It sounded more as a demand than a question, despite the phrasing. The anger was prominent, but there was something else there. A soreness, and undertone of desperation strikingly familiar to the rasp of a lemon.

I kept my eyes down as my feet hit the floor planks. However, it didn't take long until my body hit the floor too and after a moment, I realized I had been hit. My cheek was burning from the aftermath of a slap, and above me stood the alpha. Tears sprung to my eyes, despite my desperate attempt at keeping them at bay. It didn't matter, he would probably already have smelt them.

"You!" He said the word with venom dripping from his voice, spit flying freely from his mouth and at me. He grabbed my throat in both his hands and lifted me from the floor. I didn't take long for my body to be smacked into the wall, my back hitting it with a crack. His hold on my throat tightened and my lungs were screaming for air. I was reminded of drinking Capri Suns as a child, the foil shrinking in on itself as one drew out every last drop of juice.

"You killed my mate!" His voice had less volume, but it still vibrated trough my body. I tried to open my mouth, say something to defend myself, but his hands slammed me into the wall once more. "Don't you dare deny it." His face was close enough so I could see every pore on his face and feel his labored breath. As I dared raise my eyes to his for the first time, my heart broke. They were glossy with pain, but also restless with something close to mania. For a short moment, his eyes widened as if he knew I had seen more to him than he desired before they narrowed. He looked away for what felt like eternity, and when his eyes fled back to my face, they were fully black, and I knew he was lost.

He threw me on the floor across the room and I could faintly hear Cecilia protest, however he was her Alpha, and her wolf would never allow her to disobey him. He drew back his fist and threw a punch to my face. My head snapped to the side, and any previous thought of defending myself drowned as my mouth filled with my own blood.

I am sure this is the day I die. I cannot imagine anything except our Luna would be able to save me now. At least Cecilia would have one less mouth to feed and person to worry about. Tasha and her friends would not be able to touch me anymore.

But I had promised Molly.

At the thought, light footsteps could be heard rushing down the stairs. Instead of worrying about her running in the stairs, I was much more worried by the violent Alpha awaiting her on this floor. I wanted to scream at her to run back up, but I still felt some pressure in my throat along with the pool of blood and spit in my mouth.

The world slowed down as I saw her run towards me, screaming my name with the same soreness I sensed with the Alpha earlier. The tangy lemon stung my heart and I wanted nothing more than to wrap her in my arms and tell her that everything will be fine. However, she stopped out of arms reach and turned toward the Alpha. I froze, as she raised her arms and screamed in anger at the Alpha. "Do not hurt her!"

The Alpha was blinded by anger and the force meant for my body, was sent to Molly's head. I have never felt such anger, worry and sheer panic as I felt in that moment. My body no longer hurt as I raced to catch her body before she hit the ground and got more hurt. Ignoring the Alpha, I rushed to the couch and laid Molly's unconscious body on the pillows. She would heal within two hours due to her were genes, a grown wolf would have been fine in half an hour.

After making sure she was settled, I looked back at the Alpha. I have never felt such anger towards a single being in my life. As he registered my anger, his shock wore off and his eyes were once more overcome with anger. Just as I drew a bloody breath to scream at him, Molly cuts me off.

"Lee," I spin around as fast as I could, kneeling back down so I come face to face with her. "Please don't leave me," she whimpers as if she expects nothing but for me to disappear any second. "I won't. I promise," grabbing her pinky in mine and squeezing it, reassuring her that I'm here and don't plan on leaving.

"Oh you won't stay."