Chapter 5

5.

Alpha Vincent's voice is dripping in disbelief, as if the thought of me staying was nothing else than ridiculous. I moved my eyes to him, vary of what he would say next and hoping sincerely that it would not be to hard for Molly to take.

"I shouldn't have punched the girl, and to compensate I won't kill you," relief floods both me and Cecilia, I can audibly hear her shoulder sag and the air previously trapped in both of us escapes our lips. However, as I look at the Alpha once more, rocks settle in the bottom of my stomach. He has a nauseous smirk across his face and his eyes held some form of hunger. I'm sure my eyes shows something close to the opposite.

"But you will pay. For now, pack some necessities and be ready in an hour," he says while giving me a short once over, before heading out the door. Everyone is frozen, confused at what just happened. It takes a few seconds before I look over to Cecilia. She looks relieved, but wrecked with nerves. Her eyes hold unshed tears.

She gives me a nod, and I make my way back up to my room to pack some things. I can feel Molly's eyes on me, but she does not say anything. I guess her young mind is trying to catch up to the last 24 hours.

I stop in the doorway of my room, not sure when I will set foot here again. The walls have never looked so dull before. The cracks in the paint seems endless and like a cob web stretching across the walls, playing connect the dots with the holes left behind from old picture frames. The more I stare, the more imperfections and signs of aging appear. Even behind blurry eyes, the discoloring and emptiness are vibrant. I glance down at my sketchbook, the opened page just as empty and cold as before. I want to draw something, anything at all.

I need to pack, so I discard the thought even though my fingers ache to wrap around a pencil. I tried to keep any thoughts out of my head as I stuffed stuff into a bag. As I zip up the bag and places it on end of my bed, I hear thumping feet rush up the stairs. Before I get to turn completely around, the door bursts open and a frantic Molly enters my room. We make eye contact before we both rush towards each other, and while the distance between us could not be more than a couple feet, it feels like forever until I have her wrapped in my arms. She sobs as I lift her up, moving towards the bed with her arms and legs tight around me.

"Don't leave me! I won't let you eave me!" She cries out between sobs and I couldn't stop the tears from leaving my eyes. I don't want to leave her and while we might not have known each other long, she has become a sister to me. She's so pure and kindhearted despite what she has been trough.

The doorbell rings and Molly goes quiet. I'm not even sure she's breathing so I softly move my hands up and down her back. "Breathe, you'll be ok," I whisper in her ear, carefully standing and unwrapping her reluctant limbs from around me. I kiss her head before looking towards the door. I don't want to meet the future, I don't want to leave Molly, but I have to.

Before I even get to take half a step towards the door before something, or rater someone, tugs on my arm. "I don't want you to leave," Molly says pleadingly with a raspy voice as a result of our crying session.

"I know, and I don't want to leave either, but I have to," I say with the softest voice I can manage. I hate the thought of not being there for her, but her safety is top priority.

"Then I will come with you," she says with determination in her eyes and crossed arms. I will truly miss her.