Chapter 2

I think the saddest part about Camila was that she left the group because she wanted to find herself, only to be more lost in the long run.

Honestly, I don't think she ever found herself. The fact that she killed herself just proved it.

People often say she's selfish, only wanting to leave to get more fame because she didn't wanna share it. But contrary to popular beliefs, she's actually the complete opposite.

I mean, think about it, she couldn't be the only one who wanted it.

She had her mom who whispered in her ear, saying all the things Camila wanted to hear. Camila likes to express her feelings through music and her mom stated just that.

She had the label promising her everything Camila wanted. An album where Camila gets to control; something she had been complaining about since Fifth Harmony.

She had her friends who convinced her that being a solo artist is better. Taylor Swift actually promised Camila to help her launch her solo career.

She had her fans who pushed her into thinking that she's better off being a solo artist. They said that they would stand by her no matter what happens.

She had her haters who pushed her from the group, saying that Fifth Harmony would be better without her. Majority of the fans were against her so why should she stay?

So in conclusion, all those things made Camila decide that she should leave the group. Almost everyone she knew wanted her to quit. So she did.

But what these people didn't tell was the cons of being a solo artist, and that's how lonely it would get.

Success is just that if you don't have anyone to share it with and that's her mistake; all of our mistake actually. Because we didn't tell her.

Now I had the chance to at least tell her and that's my plan.

-

So here I am, queuing outside for a chance for the X-Factor alone, subtly searching for Camila. My mom and dad seemed more excited than me as they talk about the possibility of me being on national television and how proud they are of me. My main focus however, was to be with Camila.

"So you know what song you're gonna sing?" My mom asked.

"If I ain't got you by Alicia Keys," I said halfheartedly.

"Are you okay?" My mom asked, "You were excited before we boarded the plane. Now, I feel like you couldn't care less about it."

Maybe that's because I don't care anymore. If it wasn't for Camila, I wouldn't have gone through this again. I would've preferred going to school and eventually, college.

But Camila needs me and this is the only way I know how.

And just like that, I saw her. Camila was wearing a denim button up shirt and black jeans with high top white converse. Her hair was long, flowing down to cover half of her shirt.

My heart stopped, just as time did. People stopped moving and they all turned grey. Except for Camila of course.

Her shirt was still blue and everything about her was the complete opposite of colorless. Her skin, in contrast of the others were just as colorful as a rainbow. I look at myself and I saw that I was just as colorful as she was.