Chapter:7

The door swung open. Then fast talking filled the silence behind it. Kaique jumped out of the bed in front of them. He spoke just as fast as them. I caught a word or two of what he was saying but didn't get it all.

The first one that was talking before Kaique got up started talking once again. They both got into an argument about who knows what. "Vou me vestir e ir embora. Vejo vocês no próximo evento(I'm going to get dressed and leave. I'll see you guys at the next event)." I said getting up and grabbing my bag.

"Agora veja o que você fez(now look what you did)." Kaique said. I went into the bathroom and changed into some jeans and a sweater before packing my night clothes and opening the door.

I walked past them and left. Yes I left him in there by himself but I felt like a complete stranger in a crowd of friends. I went out to my truck and threw the bag into the backseat. Then slammed the door and started it up.
"Codie. You have no idea what they were saying. Please. I'll tell you what they said." Kaique said.

"It's nothing they said. I just need to get on the road. I'll see you in Chicago. I promise." I said before pulling out of the parking space. I stopped to fuel up before hitting the open road. I hated leaving him there in the parking lot even after he went after me trying to figure out why I left.

I knew he had to be at least close behind me. The first thing I did was eat and stuff my face. I sat in the parking lot of the Allstate arena just sitting there staring out the window. I don't know what pushed me to run. I don't know why I felt like I stuck out.

I want to fit in, in all parts of my job. When I moved farther north from south Texas I stuck out like a sore thumb and still do. I don't know how long I sat in my truck. It had shut itself off before I had realized it did. The cab was already freezing thanks to the cold weather.

There was a knock on the window. I didn't want to know who it was. The knocking came again. I either didn't care or it was too cold for me to even move. The tears that started falling froze to my face. "Codie please?" I accidentally honked the horn scaring myself.

As I jumped I also unlocked the door. "Es sou persaroso eu não significa para assustar você de distância. Por favor, me ouvir para fora(I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you away. Please, hear me out)." Kaique said slowly. "It's not your fault. I felt like an outsider." I said.

"Baby também não é sua culpa. Eu deveria ter dito a eles que eu estava com você(Baby it's not your fault either. I should have told them I had you over)." He said. "Eu ainda me senti como um estranho(I still felt like an outsider)!" I almost yelled. "Your not an outsider to me. You may not be able to understand them at the moment but over time you'll get better." He said.

I sniffled. He pulled me off the seat into his arms. "Você ainda é a mulher mais bonita que conheci(You're still the most beautiful woman I've ever met)." He said. My arms were wrapped tightly around his waist. "Want to get a room and talk more?" He asked. I nodded. "Mas primeiro eu quero que você tome um banho quente para aquecer(But first I want you to take a warm shower to get warmed up)." He said.

He grabbed my bag quickly before walking with me into the hotel. He gave his name and was given two room keys. He then led me to the elevator. He then held the door as two of the other Brazilian riders jumped into the elevator with us. Kaique put an arm around me. The two riders I knew didn't speak too much English. Just enough to get by though.

They were whispering to each other. "Don't worry about what their saying. They don't know a beautiful lady when they see one." Kaique said. They started snickering. "I've been meaning to ask. Would you be my girlfriend?" He asked. I set my head on his shoulder. "Which answer would they understand?" I asked him. He chuckled. "Sim." I said. He kissed my temple. The two guys were watching.

"O que? Ela é minha garota, eu tenho o direito de beijá-la(What? She's my girl I have the right to kiss her)." Kaique said. The two glared at him. He held me tighter against him. When the elevator opened Kaique led me out. The two following. As soon as we got to the room the two were still behind us. He quickly unlocked the door pushing me in.

He stayed out in the hall. I could hear them talking. It was mostly mumbled. I went into the room looking around. I sat on the bed looking around. Then decided to get my shower. After the warm almost hot shower I realized Kaique still had my bag of clothes. I let out a few curse words and wrapped a towel around my body. The door opened all three voices filled the room. Oh just great.

I cracked the door seeing the backs of the two. I should have grabbed my bag from him so I'd have clothes. I hit my head on the doorframe deciding on whether I should go get some clothes or wait for them to leave. I then realized I had my phone with me. I could just text him.

I sent Kaique a quick text saying I needed my bag. 'Então venha buscá-lo(Then come get it).' He texted back. 'Oh, então você quer que eles me vejam em uma toalha que pára duas polegadas abaixo do meu traseiro(Oh so you want them to see me in a towel that stops two inches below my butt)!' I sent him. I could hear him chuckle. 'Essa não é a senhora confiante que conheço(That's not the confident lady I know).' He sent back.

I groaned mentally before making sure everything was covered before going to my bag. I grabbed a pair of underwear, sweats, and a tee shirt. I then went back to the bathroom to dress. Once I was dressed I walked out and got in under the covers. I pulled them up over my head and letting sleep take me.