Five Jealous Little Girl

That morning Dick woke to the sound of the bedroom being slammed opened, which caused him to jump and scrambled - with a thump - to the far wall. "What're you doing in daddy's room!" He heard the same little girl from last night yell. She turned around to face the door and yelled "DADDY!" Dick screamed and cried so hard that his body shook. "Miss Hailey, please leave the young master alone, you are scaring him," Alfred said walking over to Dick, who was pushing himself more into the wall. "It's alright, young master," Alfred said softly and gently put a hand on Dick's shoulder, only for him flinch away.

Three hours later, Alfred had finally calmed Dick down enough to where he could pick him up. "Miss Hailey, go to your room, while I call your father," Alfred told her and walked out of the room with Hailey behind him. She walked to her room and sat on her bed; while Alfred, with Dick, walked to the kitchen and called Bruce.

"Alfred? What's wrong?" Bruce answered a little concerned that Alfred had called him. "It has to do with the young master, Master Bruce." Alfred briefly explained. "Okay, on my way now, see you in a few." With that Bruce hung up. Alfred put the phone back and Bounced Dick on his hip, causing him to laugh a little. Alfred turned the entrance and walked to Hailey's room.

Hailey was playing with her dolls with her Batman toy. Her was bigger than the average room, the walls were red violet, the floor had purple carpeting, there was a T.V. to the left of the door, there is a window on the far wall, and a Batman-themed bed against the wall to the right of the door.

When Alfred - and Dick - reached her room, Alfred set Dick down on the floor and Dick quickly sat on the floor. "Master Richard, please stand up. I don't want you sitting on the floor," Alfred told him, he quickly stood up, but kept his head down. Alfred knocked on Hailey's door, Dick subconsciously hides behind Alfred and grabbed his pant leg. "It's okay, Master Richard" Alfred patted the top of Dick's head. "Come in" Came the faint reply. Alfred opened the door and walked over to Hailey, while Dick stayed out in the hall. "Master Richard, come along" Dick hesitated but slowly walked over to Alfred.

Bruce arrived home and ran to the front door. When he opened the door, he didn't see Alfred anywhere. "Alfred, I'm home!" Bruce called up the stairs. "In Miss Hailey's room, Master Bruce" Alfred called back.

Hailey was talking to Alfred when she heard the front door open and close; and heard her father call for Alfred, her eyes lit up. "Daddy!" She yelled excitedly, which caused Dick to scream hug Alfred for protection. Hailey run out of her room to see her father running toward her room. "Daddy, where you going?" She asked, but he continued running to her room. She frowned and followed him to see him paying attention to Dick.

Bruce ran into Hailey's room to see Dick on Alfred's lap crying. "Dick, come here," Bruce said walking over the pair on the floor. Dick looked up at Bruce with tears streaming down his cheeks and made grabby hands at Bruce, who picked him up. "Daddy, what about me?" Hailey yelled with arms crossed. "I am scared" Dick signed on Bruce's back. Bruce sighed and started rubbing Dick's back. "It's okay, Dick," He told him softly and walked out of the room to the kitchen.

"That my daddy! Not that boy!" Hailey yelled running over and hugging Alfred. "Miss Hailey, you need to understand that Master Richard needs a little more attention" Alfred explained the best he could to the five-year-old girl. "Why?!" She yelled stomping her foot, Alfred just sighed "Because he is really scared, okay?" She just walked away.

Bruce, with Dick, entered the kitchen he set down, once again he sat on the floor. "Stand up, Dick," Bruce said walking over the cupboards and pulling out some bread, peanut butter, and jelly. Bruce made a sandwich for Dick and himself. He set Dick's sandwich on the table and set his own in the spot next to Dick's. "Come here" Dick walked over and sat down next to Bruce on the floor. "Please, sit on the chair and eat, Dick." Dick sat on the chair and stared at the sandwich in front of him.

Hailey came running into the dining room and spotted the sandwich. "Oh PB&J!" She yelled and Dick jumped off the chair, sitting back on the floor next to Bruce. He just sighed and stood up walking to the kitchen to make another sandwich for Dick. Hailey looked down at Dick and smiled. "That my daddy, stay away from him!" She told him as she took bite out of his sandwich, he just nodded. A few minutes later Bruce returned setting the sandwich on the table and put Dick on the chair. He just stared at the plate and waited for Bruce give him a piece. "Come on, Dick you need to eat," Bruce said bringing the plate closer to Dick, he looked up at Bruce and opened his mouth a little bit.

When Dick opened his mouth, Bruce realized that the only way Dick would eat was if he was hand fed. Bruce ripped a piece off and fed it to Dick. "Daddy, why he not eating like me?" You could hear the jealousy in her voice. "Because Dick was taught to only eat what his parents did not eat or -" Dick pulled on Bruce's hand cutting him off and signed "They weren't my parents." Hailey looked at Dick confused. "Who were they?" Bruce asked giving Dick another piece of the sandwich and making Hailey upset by hand feeding Dick. "Tony Zucco and Jake O'Neil" Dick signed.

Bruce dropped the piece he had in his hand on the floor when he signed 'Tony Zucco'. Dick jumped off the chair and onto the floor to eat the piece until Bruce smacks his hand causing him to drop the piece. When Bruce smacked his hand, he quickly backed under the table whimpering and tears rolling down his cheeks. Hailey stood up on her chair and got on Bruce's back as he crouched down to look at Dick. "Dick, you're not in trouble. Come on out" He said softly putting his hand out to Dick, who scooted further under the table. Bruce stood up and called for Alfred, who stepped out of the shadows, which caused Dick to whimper even more. "Yes, sir?" Alfred questioned walking over. "Can you take Hailey and get her ready for daycare, while I calm Dick down, please?" Alfred nodded and grabbed Hailey off of Bruce's back.

"No, I want daddy to get me ready!" Hailey yelled. "Lee, I have to calm him down," Bruce told her. "Alfie can do that!" Bruce just sighed "Yes, Alfred can do it, but it will take longer than it should." For the first time since he came to Wayne Manor, in broken English, Dick said "Potty!" Hailey lets go of Bruce crawled under the table to Dick and sat in front of him. "You can talk?" He nodded and started to rock back and fourth. "I need potty!" He said crawling out from under the table. Bruce picked him up and ran to the closest bathroom.

----
Word count - 1250
Four days in a row this
Is my longest chapter
and a SPECIAL thanks
To Miss_Quinzel for
Supporting me and
Helping me with this
Idea