Chapter 1

The rain falling seemed deafening. The louder I turned up my TV, the louder it seemed the rain had gotten. I sighed before turning off the TV and going to my kitchen.

I opened the refrigerator and grabbed one of my dads beers. He wouldn't notice since he was drunk most of the time anyway.

I took a drink and the phone had rang. I picked it up, "Hello?"

"Heather, you still coming with us tomorrow?"

"You know I can't break a promise to you," I told my best friend, Joanna.

"Good because I will go freaking crazy just walking around with Justin."

"What is he going as this year," I asked.

"Jake Sparrow or whatever his name is."

I started to laugh, "Captain Jack Sparrow," I put emphasis on Jack.

"Yeah, him," she laughed.

"I swear, sometimes I don't understand how you became a Senior."

"Hey, I-" is all I heard before all the electricity cut off.

"And this is why I hate storms," I mumbled and slammed the phone back on its hook.

I grabbed a flashlight from a drawer and went back into the living room, grabbing my beer before hand.

I sat down, the flashlight straight up on the table in front of me. I started drinking the beer and set the can next to the flashlight. I began to doze off.

Before I fell completely asleep I heard a door slam, making me jump. I grabbed the flashlight and slowly made my way towards the kitchen again.

"Hello?" No answer. "Is anyone in here?" Still no answer. I guess I was hearing things. Maybe it was just thunder.

I turned around and the light landed on a figure. I screamed as I saw a man in a white mask with a knife in his hand.

-------

Sorry for the very very very long wait. Again, it took me literally forever to remember my password to this + my email. But now that I remember my password I plan to be so much more active and I plan to update a lot more!