Chapter I

Alright, first Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood fanfic! Grammar and Spelling Police, get off my back, everyone please feel free to leave comments! I love hearing from what you guys gave to say! Shoutout to my online twin QueenofNifflers for helping me come up with a good name for this fanfic. Now, let's begin!
~~~~~~~~~~

Alphonse groaned as his eyes fluttered opened. "Alphonse! You're awake!" Mai yelled. Alphonse glanced at the Alkahestry user and smiled weakly. "Hey, Mai, you're looking well," he said softly. Mai smiled before she started to cry in relief. "Alphonse!" she cried as she hugged the young Elric. Alphonse seemed startled for a second before he returned the hug.

"Mai, be gentle with the guy, he just got his body back a few days ago," Ling said as he walked into the room. Mai frowned and released Alphonse from the embrace. "Killjoy Prince," she murmured.

Ling sighed and shook his head. "Hey, Alphonse, how are you?" he asked. "Pretty good, despite everything that has happened. Where is everyone?" Al inquired. "The Brigadier-General and his babysitter are in the hospital room next door and the rest are surveying the amount of damage that was done," Ling explained. "And brother? Where's Ed?" Alphonse asked.

The hospital room went silent, and the two Xingese looked at each other. Alphonse frowned, "Guys, where is Ed?" he asked again. "Maybe you should get either the Brigadier-General or his babysitter to explain that to you," Ling said tenderly. "No, tell me. Now," Alphonse ordered. Ling sighed, "Al, your brother is missing," he said.

Alphonse's frown deepened. "I don't understand. I saw him at The Gate, I know I did," he said confused. Mai frowned, "When you appeared in the courtyard, you were alone. Edward was nowhere in sight," she said. Al's eyes widened, and he clenched his head. "No, I know that was real. You have to be lying, he's here. I saw him at The Gate, so he couldn't just of upped and vanished," he said shakily.

"Alphonse, The Brigadier-General sent out a search party and they didn't find any sign of Edward," Ling said softly. "No, I know he's here somewhere. Call it a feeling, but I know he's here somewhere," Al said confidently. "It's just a theory, but someone said that he might have given himself up for you to return from The Gate," Mai said. "No, he wouldn't. Ed would've thought of something smarter than sacrificing himself," Alphonse argued.

The two Xingese exchanged looks, before turning back to the distressed Elric. "Well, get some rest. I'll come back with some food later," Mai said as she stood up. Ling nodded, "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Get some more rest, Alphonse, I'm sure he'll turn up soon," he reassured as he and May walked towards the door. Alphonse nodded slowly but stayed silent. The two Xingese looked at each other and exited the room.

The younger of the two Elric brothers clinched the bedspread and started to cry. "Brother, where are you?" he thought sadly. The door creaked open and Hawkeye stuck her head in. "So you're up," she said as she slipped into the room.

Alphonse looked up at Hawkeye, a bit surprised. "Miss Hawkeye, I thought you would be with the Brigadier-General," he said. Riza shook her head. "No, I was leading the search for your brother," she said softly. "Any luck?" Alphonse asked hopefully.

Riza smiled sadly at the youngest of the Elric brothers, before shaking her head sadly. "No, I'm sorry but there is no sight of your brother in Central," she said. Alphonse looked down at the bedspread. "What about Pride? What about Selim Bradley?" he asked frantically. "Selim is just fine, I actually met with Miss Bradley earlier. The State Military is going to keep a close watch on Selim. If he shows any sign of Pride, we're planning on taking care of the problem as soon as we see any odd behavior from Selim," Riza explained. Alphonse nodded, "Miss Hawkeye...I have a requestion," he said seriously.

Riza looked at Alphonse a bit surprised. "What is it, Alphonse?" she asked. "Once I recover, I want to join the military," Alphonse said seriously.

"Absolutely not. After what you and your brother went through, I just couldn't stand to see you in the military," Riza said seriously. "Please, let me do this. You say that you can't find Edward. If my brother doesn't want to be found, he wouldn't be found. If we want to see Ed again, I'm the only one that could find him," Alphonse explained. Before Riza could reply, a voice spoke up from the hall. "I'll allow it," the voice said.

Riza spun around to see Roy and Dr. Marcoh entering the room. "Sir, you really should be in bed," she protested. Roy waved her off and walked into the hospital ward. "Alphonse, I have a few question for your brother. If you say that you could find him, I'll let you join under the blessing of the new Führer. However, if you're not up to the task, you're on the next train to Resembool," he threatened.

Alphonse stared back at Roy with a serious look on his skinny face. "I can and will find my brother, sir," he said. Roy nodded, "You'll be placed under my supervision. I expect the same work that your brother showed me before he went MIA," he said sternly. Alphonse nodded, "Yes, sir, I wouldn't let you down," he promised. Roy nodded in approval. "Doctor, could you give him his pocket watch?" he inquired.

Doctor Marcoh nodded (though Roy didn't see) and stepped forward the youngest of the Elric brothers. "Here you go, Alphonse, proof that you are a State Alchmist," he said as he handed Alphonse one of the militry's pocket watches. Alphonse reached out and took it. "Wait...this it..." he trailed off. "It's Fullmetal's watch. The search party found it underground where he fought Pride," Roy said.

Alphonse nodded numbly as he clicked the watch open and gasped at what was on the lid. "Don't forget 3.Oct.10," he whispered. "That was the day that you lost your body, wasn't it?" Doctor Marcoh inquired and Alphonse nodded slowly. "I was surprised when we found it. It was as if Edward wanted to you have it," Riza commented.

"Alphonse, there's something else I want to give to you," Doctor Marcoh said. "What is it?" Alphonse asked softly, his eyes not leaving his brother's watch. "I heard from Heinkei that you showed to be able to possess and perform well with a Philosopher's Stone. Once I've healed the Brigadier-General's eyes, I'm going to give the Philosopher's Stone to you so that you can find your brother," he said.

The occupants in the room widened their eyes and Alphonse looked up at the doctor, surprised. "I don't think I could take it, the Philosopher's Stone should be used to help restore Ishval," he said stunned. "If it weren't for you and your brother, we would not be here right now. Roy and his unit can take up resorting Ishval without the stone. I insist that you take it," the Crystal Alchemist said.

Alphonse stared at the doctor, before nodding. "I accept, thank you, doctor," he said. Doctor Marcoh nodded as he turned around. "Come on, Brigadier-General. I'm going to lead you back to your room," he said as he walked over to Roy.

"I can get there by myself, Doctor," Roy insisted as he was guided towards the exit. "Yeah, yeah, just get going," Doctor Marcoh said as he pushed Roy towards the exit. Riza sighed as she watched as Roy be pushed out of the room. "Excuse us, Alphonse," she said as she and the others exited the hospital ward.

Alphonse laughed lighty before he turned towards the window. "Ed, I hope you're OK," he thought sadly.