The Killer

Previously on Meeting The One... 

I sniffle a little and get back up when there's a knock at the door. "Coming!" I open the door and before I know it I'm shot before I can see the person. I wince in pain. "Finally found you. You and your brother are hard ones to find." I look at the person a little. I don't know him at all. "Your dad will be happy to see you." Then it hits me. It's my dad's killer.... 

Present..

Amir's POV

Going through some papers, I started worrying about Smiley. she usually calls me by now to check on how my works going. "Hey, amma. I'm gonna go check on Sumaiya at her house and make sure everything is okay." My mother nods. "Alright." I head out and drive to her apartment. my stomach drops seeing a swarm of people and flashing lights around the building. I run through the crowd to see what's going on. I try to look through the crowd of people as I'm pushing through the crowd. 

I immediately stop when I see a girl laying on the floor of Smiley's apartment. I start processing this in my head. I know it's her, but don't want to come to realization that its her. "Smiley!" I yell. I try  going to her, but one of the officers hold he back as paramedics lay her on a gurney. I start freaking out and try fighting my way out of the officer holding me back. "Sir you need to calm down! You'll be able to go with her as soon as shes in the ambulance." I tear up a little but nod, calling my mother and letting her know what happened. "I don't understand what you're saying beta (son)." I try to calm down. "Just meet me at the Parkland Hospital." I sniffles hanging up.

As soon as we're out of the ambulance, the nurses and doctor rush Smiley in to the OR. I try to follow quickly when the nurses keep me back. I sigh, pacing worriedly, my parents walk in and rush to me. My mom hugs me close. "The nurse assistant told me what happened. Is she okay? Where is she?" My mom asks. "Shes in the OR mama. They're getting the bleeding to stop and the bullet out." I rub my head. She rubs back gently. "Inshallah she will be fine beta." (son) I nod sighing tearing up. "why would anyone do this? just randomly walk up to someones door and shoot them?" My mother shakes her head. "I wish we knew. We will find the person who this. Just pray to Allah."

After a couple of hours, the doctor comes out to let us know the news. "Alright, we managed to save her. She will be fine, just needs a lot of rest so we will keep her here for a few days." I nod sighing in relief. "She should be waking up soon. She's in room 698 on the 6th floor." He says showing us to the elevator. Harry rushes in before we get on the elevator panicking. We head to her room quickly, but enter quietly. I look at her as I walk over to her and take her hand gently as she groans waking up. She opens her hazel eyes lightly. "Hey love." I slowly kiss her head. she tears up a little looking around. "Smiles..you're okay. You're safe." I hug her lightly as she cries.

After Smiley calms down, she stays extremely quiet. Its starting to worry me, but I don't force her to talk. She been laying here with her arms wrapped arm. I play with her hair lightly. "He killed my dad.." she finally says something shocking me. "What?" I look at her. "The man that showed up...He's my dads murderer..he was trying to kill me too.." I record all of it and send it to Harry to show the cops. I nod lightly. "Did he say why he wants to kill you?" She shakes her head slowly. "He just shot me.." I sigh hugging her tightly. "You're gonna stay with me. The dogs are already there and safe." She sniffles nodding before falling asleep. 

I slowly get out of her arms and go to get a snack thinking about what happened. I'm still taking it all in. Never in my mind this would ever happen to her. Shes such a good person. It breaks my heart that anyone would do that to her. Why her? Nothing was her fault, so why try to kill her? I walk back to her room to see Harry sitting next to her, holding her hand and talking to her even though she's asleep. I smile a little. "Hey." He looks at me. "Police have started the investigation already." I nod. "Lets hope they find the person who did this." I say sitting down. He nods in agreement. "Me too." He sighs. 

Smiley sleeps for a good couple of hours before waking up. "I'm Hungry." She says sighing. "Ill see what you can eat." She nods as I go to talk to the nurse and come back. She looks at me. "She's gonna get you something to eat right now love. "Thank you Amir. I'm sorry you have to be here." She looks down. I take her hand gently. "I'm glad I am." I look at her. "I choose to be here with you more than anywhere else in the universe." I kiss her head gently. "I hate hospitals." She pouts lightly obviously not wanting to be there. "I know Smiles. But at least you're safe." She nods a little looking at the nurse as she comes in with the food. "Here you are Miss Khan. You are on a regular diet, so I bought you a sandwich with some fries." Smiley nods. "thank you so much." She says taking a small bite of the sandwich. I smile a little running my hand through her hair. I'm just glad that she's safe. I don't know what I'd do if I lost her.