8: The unexpected date

Jughead's Pov:

Being friends with Betty again has been great. Her mom has stopped even asking where Betty has been, because she already knows what the answer will be. I am so proud for Betty, she finally stood up to her mother. I wish I could do the same to my dad, tell him he needs to grow up and start taking responsibility. I hate to admit it, but I am so scared to even think about doing that, you never know what he would do. 

"Hey, what are you doing after school", I ask Betty at lunch. 

She looks over at me with those beautiful blue eyes, that I swear hold more secrets than I actually know. Then I see her face turn a shade darker. 

"Oh, um I have a date", She blushes looking away and down to her tray. Wait come again. 

"Oh, with who", I ask, trying to not seem affected by the awful news. Remember you and Betty are just friends, yeah that thing that happened two years ago felt great, but it was only because you were in an emotional state. You need to get over her idiot. 

"Um, Reggie", she replies looking up at me again, scanning my face for a reaction. 

"Reggie", I repeat, great out of everyone it has to be the biggest douche ever. Just great. 

"Yeah, is that a problem", she questions.

I quickly turn my head to face hers and the word "NO", escapes my mouth, maybe even a little too rushed. Shit. 

"Oh, okay well I guess we can hang out some other time then", she smiles. 

"Yeah, that'd be great", I smile back, trying to hurry up and change the subject. Gosh dude just move on already, it's clear she doesn't like you the same if she's going out with someone else. 

                                                                                                **

Betty's Pov:

Jug has been acting weird since lunch, I honestly don't get why. I mean yeah we had a moment a few years ago. And, maybe it was amazing, but it was a dream. I am not ruining our friendship over a dream. I need to move on, that's why I agreed to go on this stupid date anyway. 

Okay, I admit I probably should have chose someone else besides Reggie, I mean he is known for being the biggest man slut, but he was there and he asked me, and I was in the middle of telling myself to get over Jughead so yeah, I agreed but now I realized it was probably a huge mistake. I know I said, I needed to make mistakes to grow, but Reggie gosh I feel so stupid. 

As I am at home, in the process of getting ready for the date, I receive a text. 

FROM: Jughead

Hey, have fun tonight

I look up towards his window, but he's not there.

TO: Jughead

Thanks :)

**

After I am done getting ready, I head downstairs. 

Once I see my mother in the kitchen, I decided I may as well tell her where I am going, you never know what could happen in this town at night. Especially since Jason's murder. 

"Hey mom, I am going on a date", I quickly state, causing her to turn around rapidly with shock on her face, more than likely surprised that I even made a move to talk to her. 

"With Jughead", she asks. 

"Uh, no Reggie actually", I reply

I can see on her face that she would prefer for me to go out with Jughead, when the word Reggie leaves my mouth. But she doesn't act on it instead she just says, "Be careful". 

I smile, before saying "I always am", while leaving the kitchen to head to Pop's. 

                **

"So Betty, I am surprised that you said yes", Reggie smirks while sitting across from me at Pop's.

"Yeah, I thought that I should at least go on a date. I never have before", I explain, trying to get past his cockiness. 

"Don't worry, I'll play nice", he remarks, while grabbing a fry and biting into it before pulling the rest of it away drastically, Gosh is it just me or is he the male version of Veronica. Well a more slutty version anyway.

"So I've noticed that you and Donny dark o have been talking again", he rolls his eyes. I glare at him for a second, before quickly composing myself before replying.

"Yeah, if you mean Jughead. We're friends".

"Friends, okay", he laughs.

"What do you mean by that", I spit out. 

"There is no way that you and him are just friends, every time ya'll look at each other, it's basically like your about ready to tear each others clothes off", He chuckles, while proceeding to eat his fries. 

"No we don't," I glare. 

"Whatever you say, but I have eyes", He smiles. 

Gosh I have a feeling this is going to be a bad night. 

                                                                      **

Jughead's Pov:

Okay so I may be a little mad. I mean it had to be freaking Reggie, of all people. I just hope he keeps his filthy hands to himself, it's taking everything in me not to go done to Pop's and spy on them just to make sure she is safe, I don't trust him. So instead, I decide that it's best to just stay home and eat food, that always seems to help. My dad is not home, he hasn't been for the past couple of days, which isn't a surprise. My mom and Jellybean called earlier, to ask if I was still sure about not moving in with them and my grandparents. I can't leave Betty, I can't leave my dad, even though he has basically never acted like a father to me, I still love him. 

So tonight that's what I am going to do, listen to music and eat food, like I used to do anyway when me and Betty weren't talking. I need to get my mind off of her. She's my best friend and I will always love her, but like I have said a lot recently I am not going to ruin our friendship. 

                                                                                  **

OKAY, I KNOW THERE ISN'T A LOT OF BUGHEAD IN THIS CHAPTER. BUT IT IS JUST A FILLER, IT'S NOT ALWAYS LOVE IN LIFE THERE IS SOME WAR TO. 

I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT. 

THANKS FOR READING, AND IF YOU DON'T MIND PLEASE COMMENT OR VOTE. I KNOW I SOUND LIKE SOME NEEDY PERSON, BUT IT WOULD REALLY MEAN A LOT. 

THANK YOU!!!