Dinner

Chap 11: Dinner
(mostly edited, but I stopped halfway through to finish and interview I was watching on Brenden Urie)
Yuri's POV

Today is Sunday. And if you know anything about the relationship between Sunday and Ice Cafe, you'd know that today is our one and only breakday of the week. So like most of my colleagues we tend to spend it with friends or people we care about, or just relax and take it easy. For us, Sunday is a day where we can do anything without worries.

I could easily remember how I used to spend these days, I used to just sit on my couch and eat junk food as I played with random apps. It was boring, but I didn't really have any living friends other than my cat. And if Victor or anyone from the cafe ever tried to invite me to anything, I'd just decline with one of my google searched excuses not to.

But thinking over the month I'd spent with Otabek, a lot has changed for me on Sundays. For one, after the two of us started to get closer, he took me out every sunday no matter the situation. Even if he was just writing, he took me over to his house and we'd joke around and brainstorm ideas with one another. We'd also go to the ice rink a lot, and I actually started to give Otabek lessons and to be honest, he wasn't all that bad at it.

He would also take me out to lunch, and we've probably been to all the cafe's in the area more than twice already. It was kind of funny, and not to mention since we can't get food from the cafe on sundays we go to Dunkin Doughnuts every sunday morning. But what it even better is the fact that we actually know the names of the worker's.

For example, the boss of the establishment as he likes to call it, is Cj, an extremely dirty minded, loud, sympathetic manager. Whenever we came in we could always see him humming along with the cheesy music they played, or talking about some basketball game that went on the night before.

Next there is Brinley, a shy, but an amazing baker that makes all the doughnuts and stuff.

Then there is Ashe, who is the cashier. They were pretty quiet at the beginning, but as they started to get to know them more they found out that they were pretty loud, and could be quite rude at times. Ashe was similar to me as well, not very social (until Otabek of course).

But it was kind of nice getting to know them, and we all talk via texting.

And today, I was ready to relive that normal routine once more. But as I headed over to the meeting spot I got a call from Otabek.

I smiled as I picked up the phone, "Hello?" I answered. "Goodmorning Yura," Otabek greeted. I felt my cheeks go warm for a moment, his nickname got me every time. "Same to you Beka," I smiled, "are you almost here?" I asked. I heard a sigh at the other end, "you see... that's why I'm calling you." He explained. I felt my heart drop for a moment, "is something wrong?" I asked nervously. I could hear him shake his head, "no, no, nothing's wrong it's just my boss is coming over to look at the story and I don't think he'd want to see you over here" he sighed on the other end.

I gave a small hum and frowned, "oh well that sucks." I blatantly responded. He laughed, "I know right! Now I have to clean up my apartment for him." I scoffed, "so you clean your apartment for him and not me?" I jokingly questioned. I heard him chuckle, "yeah, I just really want to impress him." he joked. I snorted and gave out a fake gasp, "how dare you cheat on me!" I accused. "I didn't cheat!" he bellowed, " I just found someone who'd criticize all the things I work so hard at" he fake cried. I smiled, "oh no! My only weakness," I smiled, "men who're meaner than me." Otabek laughed, "nobody is meaner than you Yura, you've got the eyes of a soldier," he complimented. I blushed as I put the phone closer to my ear, "why thank you," I thanked while shyly looking at the ground. I could almost imagine how he'd look right now, the sides of his mouth pulling back into a beautiful smile was enough to make me feel warm inside.