six

"What are you thinking about, BamBam? Why are you so serious today?"

BamBam glances at Mark, who is standing in front of him while he is sitting on a bench outside the classrooms in silence. Which is not like BamBam in any way. "Nothing." he smiles and gets up, and hugging all his books and folders to his chest. "Do you want to get some ice cream?"

Mark suddenly looks uncomfortable, then he takes a few steps back slowly.

"I have to go somewhere, I'm sorry, Bam. Let's grab ice cream some day else, yeah?"

At this, Mark suddenly takes off down the hallway, weaving his way through different groups of friends and leaving BamBam alone. He takes a deep sigh and stands up, deciding to just go back to the dorm on his own.

He's pretty sure Yugyeom has just a morning class today anyway, so unless he's out with a friend, he should be in the room doing his homework like he always does. When he gets to their room, he's surprised to find that the door is still locked.

Yugyeom hasn't come back yet.

The Thai boy climbs on his unmade bed, lying down, crossing his legs and staring up at the ceiling. He's been thinking about Yugyeom the entire day.

Yugyeom thinks they'd go well together and still likes him even if he sees him with Mark every day. Why? Yugyeom thinks he's beautiful and amazing. That too. Why?

He's left his family just to live his life on his own with his YOLO attitude; he's with a guy who probably doesn't even love him and has a girlfriend; he goes out clubbing and getting drunk practically every weekend: Yugyeom knows all these, and he still finds BamBam beautiful? Why?

BamBam spends his evening like that, wondering why Yugyeom likes him when nobody really does. Everybody says he's too loud, too bright (both personality and clothes-wise), too picky, too extravagant, too annoying and a whole lot of 'too' adjectives.

It's probably also the fact that he's not straight that people don't really like him. And he's hanging around Mark a lot; Mark is popular so nobody minds, and he's not completely gay, he's bisexual. BamBam on the other hand, is a freshman and is completely gay. He's uncool, and he's heard people say that he's an attention seeker because of how bright his clothes and hair are.

He knows Mark hears those, too, he just doesn't say anything.

So why? Why does Yugyeom like him despite all these obvious things that BamBam is not beautiful or amazing in any way? And they're roommates, even more reason not to like him.

+

Yugyeom has been avoiding BamBam; he doesn't think he can face him after that confession the night before. Every time Yugyeom would spot the older in the hallways, he'd immediately turn the corner and find another way to get to his classroom.

Stupid, yes, he knows. It's not like he can avoid BamBam completely anyway, they're roommates, and he only has a morning class so there's a pretty big chance he'll run into him somewhere.

He avoids the dorm room for the whole day and ends up sitting on the floor of the library while he studies possible future English lessons alone, even though it would be much easier if he'd just ask BamBam for help because the boy is amazing at languages.

But nope, Yugyeom is not going to face him.

"What the f-" Somebody suddenly exclaims and Yugyeom feels somebody trip over his knee. He looks up from his book to see Jinyoung, frowning deeply at him. "What are you doing on the floor, Yugyeom?"

Yugyeom shrugs, showing Jinyoung the cover of his book. "Studying, duh."

Jinyoung stops, staring at Yugyeom before letting out a sigh and sitting down beside him. He sets down his books on the floor in front of him, and takes one book from the pile and a notebook. "Might as well accompany you, yeah? What happened to you during lunch period? Where did you go? Youngjae and BamBam were looking for you."

"Oh, I..." Yugyeom hesitates. He ate his lunch of three sandwiches outside in the courtyard earlier; he didn't want to face them. "I wasn't hungry."

He looks back down to his book and flips the page, eyes scanning down the page and trying his best to register the foreign sentences.

"I see." Jinyoung nods slowly, starting to take notes on a fresh page of the notebook. "You didn't eat at all? That's not like you, Yugyeom. BamBam was rather quiet earlier, too, it was so weird."

Yugyeom also finds the fact that Jinyoung is talking to him so nicely weird; it's a first for him. Maybe it's just because it's just the two of them and they're in the library that he's so nice and is not teasing or savage at all in any way.

They're quiet for the next twenty minutes or so, reading textbooks and taking down notes, until Jinyoung suddenly speaks again. "You're not very fond of Mark, are you?"

Yugyeom shrugs; he doesn't want to answer.

"I'll tell you a secret, yeah? You know why nobody really talks to our group, why we're so knit together all the time? We're all different, the entire group of us, but Mark and me are both bisexual. You, Youngjae and BamBam are homo. If we walk alone, we're sure to be bullied, but they don't know what you are yet, but Mark and I do, and you like BamBam. Is that correct?"

Jinyoung's smart; Yugyeom has always known this, and he knows better than to deny a fact. He nods.

To his surprise, Jinyoung smiles and reaches over, patting him on his back. "We're on the same page, then. You like BamBam, I like Mark. Nice to know that."

__________

i havent been writing any chapters lately i criㅜㅜ