eight

As surprising as this is to a lot of people, BamBam really, honestly, hasn't met his soulmate yet. It's not Yugyeom, it's not Mark, it's not Youngjae and it's definitely not Jinyoung. Hell, he'd go mad if Jinyoung was his soulmate. They're friends and all, but no. Definitely not.

BamBam's rushing out of the nearest coffee shop to the campus because Youngjae has suddenly called him and said that there's an emergency, his cup in hand and the coffee hot.

"Oh, shit— I'm sorry!" The coffee is suddenly seeping into the front of his shoes and he hops from one foot to another, his eyes finally focusing on the person who has bumped into him and caused him to drop his drink.

The boy, who looks around just the same as him, has light brownish gray hair, and is probably one of the most good looking creatures he has ever seen. Heck, BamBam can actually feel the sparks flying between them– no, wait, that's too much of an exaggeration.

BamBam quickly shakes his head, rubbing at the back of his neck and ears. "Forget it, don't worry about it. I'm fine."

"Let me treat you another cup–" He speaks with a not very obvious accent, but an accent nonetheless. Most likely, he's a foreigner who just arrived in Korea.

"No, no, I'm fine. I have to go."

He takes off, out of the coffee shop and down the street even if there's something wet inside his shoe and drenching his sock.

BamBam is really starting to hate how his tattoo is burned behind his ear, it hurts a lot when he sees his soulmate for the first time. He wonders if he can see that boy again.

+

It turns out that when he arrived at the college, there really was no emergency at all and Youngjae was just playing with him.

He almost throws the nearest thing he sees at the older boy's head, which, surprisingly, is a dictionary.

He does toss it to him, though, speaking in English, a language he knows Youngjae cannot understand very well. "Learn more English, yeah? I don't know how to curse very well in Korean—"

Apparently, Youngjae understood him because he has just retorted back in Korean, snorting. "What are you saying you don't know how to curse? Mark told me you started cursing in Korean ever since somebody called you a prostitute or something– holy shit, don't throw that! I'm joking!"

+

BamBam finds himself returning to the coffee shop every day whenever he has the time just to be able to see that brown haired boy. It's been a little more than two weeks now, and he is starting to think that the boy just got lost and wandered inside a random coffee shop to never come back.

It's his lucky day, though, because when the clock strikes six in the evening, the door swings open and the brown haired boy strides in, laughing with a friend. BamBam's hand jumps to the back of his ear again.

He grabs a book and opens it to a random page, pretending to read and peeking over the top at the brown haired boy who immediately goes over to the counter and with his friend. BamBam probably looks like a creepy stalker at the moment, so his hand reaches out and grabs his almost empty coffee cup, draining it.

He tosses it in the trash can a few meters away from him, but the empty cup doesn't even go in. It bounces off the edge; BamBam groans loudly and he pushes himself up so he can pick it up and throw it away properly.

The brown haired boy suddenly turns and exclaims, pointing at him. "Oh, it's you again! I'm sorry for that day, would you like a cup of coffee? I'll treat you!"

The boy's friend suddenly grabs at his arm, speaking in a stage whisper to his ear, "Minghao, you don't even know that guy, why are you offering to treat him when–"

BamBam freezes. Minghao. That's the boy's name.

Minghao shakes off his friend's arm, and gives BamBam a smile, "Come on, what would you like? Take it as an apology for me spilling your coffee a few weeks ago."

The Thai boy is still frozen, entranced by the boy's smile and face and voice and everything, that he only drifts back down to focus when Minghao's friend stage-whispers again. "Minghao, he's weird."

BamBam knows he's weird; he's grown a huge crush on a stranger to the extent of waiting at that cafe every single day, and is even letting the stranger buy him coffee. If that isn't weird, then he doesn't know what is.

"Uh, if you're sure, then okay. I normally just drink an Americano, but since I already drank that earlier, then a caramel frappe would do."

Minghao again smiles at him, then faces the counter; BamBam can hear him saying to the person behind the cashier to add a caramel frappe to his tab.

"Oh, what's your name, by the way? My name is Minghao."

The Thai boy smiles a rare, awkward smile. "I'm BamBam."

__________

i'm wondering where my yugbam ship is going...