Chapter 10

The second cabinet meeting had just been concluded and I must say that it was even more interesting than the one I had attended before. There was definitely tension in the air, more than ever. I can't help but think that it has to do with me. It was definitely coming more from Alexander and my father towards Thomas. I didn't think it would be this hard to keep work and social life separate. 

"Hey Thomas!" I called after him from a little bit away down the hall from him. He stopped walking with James Madison and turned around smiling a bit.

"Hello Y/N. It's good to see you again." he said walking up to me,"Is there something you wanted to ask me or talk about?"

"I was just wondering if you were okay after that meeting. It really wasn't hard to feel all of the-"

"Y/N, it's okay. Don't think it's your fault. I know what I want and what I want is you. Someday people's opinions will change. Well maybe not everyone's opinion considering there's Hamilton but I know we can change how other people see us right now. I promise you." Thomas said making me smile bigger than I ever have before. At least that's what it felt like.

"Thank you Thomas." I gave him a hug surprising him at first but he hugged back after,"I know that this won't be easy for the both of us but I'm willing to make this work. I hope you think the same." 

"Always." he replied pulling out of the hug and kissing my hand,"I need to get going Y/N.  Have a good rest of your day."

"Okay. Goodbye Thomas." I said as he turned back around before turning back to me.

"I'll be thinking of you." he said quietly before walking away back to James Madison.

I watched as he walked away then went to leave back to my home. My heart still hadn't recovered from those words Thomas said earlier even after I had arrived at home. Something felt different. Something that I'd never felt before. Like I couldn't breathe when he was there and my heart stops. Everything changes when he's here. I've never been in love before but this has got to be it.

Right?

I wonder if this is how Eliza felt when she met Alexander. I bet it was even more romantic than-

"What are you doing?" 

I look up from where I was sitting against the big tree outside to see Alex,"What do you mean?" 

"You have this weird look on your face. I don't even know how to describe it." he said taking a seat next to me without even asking permission,"What were you thinking about huh?"

I was taken aback by his question fumbling over my words causing him to look at me even more suspiciously than before. Great job Y/N now he's going to assume that it's Jefferson because it was Jefferson and you can't hide anything from him because he knows you so well there's no use in lying.

"Again? I thought this "relationship" would be over already." he said quoting relationship.

"I get it. You don't like Jefferson but you could at least not be so rude to him and me. I hope you realize what those words coming out of your mouth actually mean and how they hurt other people. I'm so tired of you being disrespectful along with everyone else. If you don't have anything kind to say don't say anything at all. It's that damn simple." I said getting mad and irritated with him. Alex looked a bit shocked after I said all of that.

"I have to go now." I told him before walking off back to the house. I don't have time to deal with all of his negativity and bs. 

I grabbed the book I was currently in the middle of reading and sat down on the couch reading for who knows how long. All I know is that when I looked up it was a little past the sun setting and my stomach was hungry. 

I got up from the couch after marking my spot in the book to walk to the kitchen and got some food to snack on but just as I started eating it there was a knock on my door. 

Leaving my food on the counter I went to the door to only open it up to see a letter at my feet. I retrieved it from the ground and opened it up. 

'Come to my place tomorrow around lunch,

I have something interesting to tell you,

As well as a favor,

T. Jefferson'

·-·

I've kinda been on a break so here's a chapter :)

Thank you to everyone reading my princess book as well. I will be updating it tomorrow because I am too tired tonight. <3